What's new

Bite SMS

elmo0901

Reaction score
I've kept reading that BiteSMS is THE app for SMS and coming from droid let's just was less than impressed with stock. I can't send any texts from it as it says no credits are left even though I went ahead and purchased it (where's Handcent?). Has anyone else run into this? Also right as the text from them came in my phone froze, shut down and went into safe mode. I think I've corrected it (have unistalled just about everything minus Bite, Winterboard and Infinifolders. FYI, have 4.3.3. Thanks

Check is your biteSMS meet this requirements.
adfecb29-1495-0b19.jpg
adfecb29-14a3-660b.jpg
adfecb29-14ae-6b86.jpg
adfecb29-14b9-bfc3.jpg
adfecb29-14c5-866e.jpg

thanks...feel like an ass, but this OS leaves me mystified at some points sometimes. 72 hours just can't answer all my questions :)

thanks...feel like an ass, but this OS leaves me mystified at some points sometimes. 72 hours just can't answer all my questions :)

What are your questions? Ask them :) you will get an answer for them for sure.

My newest I can't seem to find an answer for by searching (off of this topic above) is why when phone has been locked and "sleeping" does it swtich back to 3G from WiFi? When I unlock it will automatically flip back over but I would prefer it stay on wifi whenever possible since no longer have unlimited data plan :(

My newest I can't seem to find an answer for by searching (off of this topic above) is why when phone has been locked and "sleeping" does it swtich back to 3G from WiFi? When I unlock it will automatically flip back over but I would prefer it stay on wifi whenever possible since no longer have unlimited data plan :(

Yes it switch automatically to 3g, i don't know up to now if there is a way to keep wifi alive when the scren goes to sleep mode, insomnia from cydia should be able to handle that issue, but i've tried insomnia many times and it fails all the time.
One thing is sure, your 3g will also be in a sleep mode at the same time with your phone, and it will only allow notifications and push, so when the phone goes to sleep mode, yes wifi goes off and 3g turn on but with a big big limitation allowing only notification like skype, msn, yahoo messenger, mms, and only to push emails anf rss if you have it. No much use of 3g by then.

thanks! that's not something they put in the "user guide" and being that I'm hands on person as opposed to read and then do it, forums are the answer to my questions! having just gotten my iPhone on Wednesday and jailbroken this morning I'm kinda going along just as I did with my droid phones. Thanks!

Yes, those thing in the user manual are just a general info. Ask your questions whenever you have any. But do a search first on the forum as most of your upcoming questions might already been asked by other members. If you dont find your question in the search results, then just ask :)

What's wrong with stock SMS app?

The thing that pisses me off is no SMS app for iPad, I've tried biteSMS and realSMS and those just don't work on iPad, gay. It's useful on iPad to send *100# to check your balance. That's all I really need an SMS app for on iPad. The one on my iPhone works just fine for all my SMS needs. So why you guys going biteSMS?

What's wrong with stock SMS app?

The thing that pisses me off is no SMS app for iPad, I've tried biteSMS and realSMS and those just don't work on iPad, gay. It's useful on iPad to send *100# to check your balance. That's all I really need an SMS app for on iPad. The one on my iPhone works just fine for all my SMS needs. So why you guys going biteSMS?

I went biteSMS because of the quick reply feature. Nothing more eventhough biteSMScan do a lot better than that.

Did BiteSMS provide the same amount of customization as Handcent? I know that the flashing light proclaiming that you got a txt is gone. But what of the wallpapers for each person? The notifications that you can change? The pictures for each person and yourself? The fonts? Are any of these available with BiteSMS?

I noticed Android has this app as well, is it the exact same one that Android has? If so, I can just download that, take it for a whirl and see what I think right? Just rememeber the notification light will be gone if I switch to iPhone.

Did BiteSMS provide the same amount of customization as Handcent? I know that the flashing light proclaiming that you got a txt is gone. But what of the wallpapers for each person? The notifications that you can change? The pictures for each person and yourself? The fonts? Are any of these available with BiteSMS?

I noticed Android has this app as well, is it the exact same one that Android has? If so, I can just download that, take it for a whirl and see what I think right? Just rememeber the notification light will be gone if I switch to iPhone.

Yea, the notification light is gone but if biteSms will allow to customize some where you can't seem to at all with stock. No photos, no lockscreen reply, no smilies, getting the idea? Works across iPhone, driod, and BB.