What's new

Beware.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After months of pain in my shoulder and now in my wrist the penny has finally dropped, I'm suffering from RSI which is the result of sitting in the same position with my hand on my Magic Trackpad day in day out for years.

Take my advice and whatever device you use try to vary the way you use it and if possible use both hands.
I'm left handed and I'm pretty useless at doing anything skilled with my right hand so thats the result.

Thanks for the warning, I'm sure it will help others in avoiding the problem, I hope your treatment works, you'll be missed if you have to cut back on your forum postings.

Thanks for the warning, I'm sure it will help others in avoiding the problem, I hope your treatment works, you'll be missed if you have to cut back on your forum postings.
Thanks sci, I'm currently working on finding other ways to alleviate my discomfort, The last thing I would want is not be able to be here so I'm working at it.
The first thing I'm trying is using my right hand more to get my left a bit more rest.....

I'm sure it just needs a bit of training to use the right hand almost the way you could use the left one.

Thanks both, Yes there are ways and means if thought is given to it, Its a case of having to change the way I have been using my Mac all this time not realising I was storing up problems.
I'm finding I can use my right hand for some things (albeit a bit slow and clumsy) I just need to get into the habit.......

I'm sorry to hear about this, RSI can be serious if left unchecked. I agree, try to use your right hand for some things. It will take time, just as it took you time to learn how to do things with your left hand. I also agree with varying the use of devices.

I wish you well in your recovery, Ivy.

Thanks Ard, I wish I had realised sooner what was happening but now I know I'm going to take any measures I can so it doesn't get worse.