What's new

Battery life of my 4s

banjaboy

Reaction score
I recently got my 4S, I LOVE the phone, love the speed but the battery life, boy, I need to have a charger in every spot I put my phone down!!!!! I might have to get a "Juice box"to get me through the day. I dont play games on my phone, I dont watch too many videos but in an hour of sitting, phone turned off its gone down 5%! It just seems to be draining iteslf. I did a search on here and in Google and it looks like class action lawsuit time lol!!!! To have a "smartphone" that has any kind of battery life you have to turn all the smart stuff off!!!! Totally discouraged. I haved offed all the power sucking pushes etc but the phone is still totally useless if the battery wont get me through a day of modest use. I left Blackberry for this? At least my Berry would hold a charge FOR DAYS!!!!! I'm stuck with this now, spent $$$ on chargers for everywhere..........If you are a fence sitter regarding getting an Iphone? Stay on the fence and see if the gurus at Apple can fix their HUGE mistake, totally disappointed...................

Thanks for the link, its abit techie for an old fart like me lol!! I'm just comparing idle, not used, sitting waiting, to my Berry, I never had an issie having to charge my Berry during the day, I'm scared to go out without a charger now and worried i might be toasting my battery charging it often. The only thing I leave "on" is Wi fi, which I always did on my other phone. I'm beginning to think [highly unlikely] that I have a duff phone. Maybe iits just something I have to live with. but with all the posts, hype and bitching about battery life all over the net.....there has to be something in it....

These batteries get better over time. I've had my iPhone 4S for a couple of months and my battery is lasting about 30 hours with moderate use. But, I don't make phone calls, just data use.

Stick with it, it gets better :)

Thats good to know, I really love this phone and I will get used to it I suppose. I wonder if like old batteries, these Iphone batteries can get "Memory" and not charge fully if they are charged when they are not drained?

banjaboy said:
Thats good to know, I really love this phone and I will get used to it I suppose. I wonder if like old batteries, these Iphone batteries can get "Memory" and not charge fully if they are charged when they are not drained?

No, that is an issue with NiCad batteries. The LiIon/LiPol batteries don't suffer from the "memory" effect.

banjaboy said:
I'm just comparing idle, not used, sitting waiting, to my Berry, I never had an issie having to charge my Berry during the day,...

Oh yeah, you were on a blackberry too. It's hard to compare battery life when you had such a small screen. Generally, the bigger the screen, the more power they consume.

Go to an apple store and have them run a test on your battery. You probably have a bad one. I have an iPhone 4 and only get 6 hours of usage and 10 hours standby. Even the guy at the apple store said that it was bad but considered "normal". I will be purchasing a new battery soon because it used to be a lot better. Yours just sounds like its a dud. If you just got the phone, try to get a replacement from wherever you got it. Id do that

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

I am hoping that the iPhone 5 comes out with the same battery as the Droid Razor Maxx, because that batter lasts 2 days of heavy use.

I have a galaxy note and an iPhone 4S.. The battery on the 4S is amazing!! Twice as better as the galaxy note.. literally..
I easily get 2 days use with moderate use on my IP4S.. (a few games, calls, lotsa text..)

I have both of these devices as well and the 4S does seem to last a lot longer with both stock. Really, it's unrealistic to expect to use all of the 'smart' features at max brightness all day long. If you don't want to fuss or worry about crippling your phone to extend it's life, car and wall chargers are very inexpensive. I leave them everywhere!

Should always do a full cycle charge before assuming the battery is bad.

A full cycle charge can bring a battery back to normal in itself.

I have a galaxy note and an iPhone 4S.. The battery on the 4S is amazing!! Twice as better as the galaxy note.. literally..
I easily get 2 days use with moderate use on my IP4S.. (a few games, calls, lotsa text..)

2 days use out of a 4S? I'd need to see the usage screenshot to believe that.

InkedAdrenaline said:
2 days use out of a 4S? I'd need to see the usage screenshot to believe that.

Heres a screeny from last weekend camping. I was playing music for a minimum of 8 hours so i could have easily gone longer...

$image-261442457.jpg

Wtf yeah my battery is DEFINITELY bad lol. I get 6 hours of usage and 10 hours standby until its dead

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4