What's new

Best top 5 cydia app & tweaks to install for 2011

Icon Renamer is a tweak that let's you rename your icons.
Folders can be renamed by default by putting the springboard in the delete mode (unsure of "proper" name) and then selecting the folder.

Icon Renamer is a tweak that let's you rename your icons.
Folders can be renamed by default by putting the springboard in the delete mode (unsure of "proper" name) and then selecting the folder.

Thanks! Found how to rename them by accident lol. Anyone know of app to block a phone # that makes my phone crash if I answer it?

Ok so i just downloaded bigu movies and bought the digital av adapter from apple. I streamed a movie for the first time and the picture quality is bad!!! It's watchable but not good quality. Am I doing something wrong??? Or did I just waist my money. All you guys out there are really talking up bigu movie app but so far I'm not impressed!

Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I don't have any tvout apps installed from cydia. All I used is a vizio hdmi cord with the apple digital av cord for hdmi. Please help guys. I really want to be able to watch movies on my tv!!!

Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I don't have any tvout apps installed from cydia. All I used is a vizio hdmi cord with the apple digital av cord for hdmi. Please help guys. I really want to be able to watch movies on my tv!!!

Get "ressuported" from cydia, it has a 15 days trial version which you can try out to see if it support your cable or not.

Also I'm using the downloads light app like they showed in the tutorial video in moderate!. For some reason when I try to just use bigu movies it gets stuck on loading when I want to look at movies. Help please!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I take back apples digital av cable for hdmi? And get the composite av cables?

Thanks I will do that and let you know if it's better. I really hope so. I'm looking forward to watching some awesome movies!!!

I use hdmi cord and an apple adapter that plugs into hdmi directly into my phone. It's great easy to use. Only thing I can't watch is the adult swim app... :(

Come back to topic. Top 5 cydia apps/tweaks.
There is another thread for *moderated* and another for movies. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be a lot of similar topics basically repeating the best Cydia apps but I think the best are ones that add better functionality first, customization second. Choosing only 5 is tough but here goes. Mine are:

1. PkgBackup (Backs up Cydia apps, this is an essential app, well worth the $$)

2. BiteSMS (use this and see how much the factory SMS app sucks)

3. Infinifolders or Folder Enhancer (factory limiting 9 icons to a folder is plain dumb)

4. SBSettings w/RemoveBG installed (no more tapping each app one by one to close them on the multitask bar)

5. PhoneCloser (after a call it puts you back where you started, not in the phone app, should have been like this by default)

+1 i use the exact same set up. though i've also got 5 icon dock + 5 icon board

I don't have a top five, but the ones that I look forward to having right away when I jailbreak are:
1. iFile

2. SBSettings

3. Terminal

4. Safari Download Manager

Everything else is just for fun.