What's new

belt clip type cases for iPhone 5C

barrym

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase a belt clip type 5C case which will allow me to carry my 5C in it whilst still having its normal case on as well?
I have broken one nrmal phone case after numerous attempts to get my phone out of it first before using my existing belt case, and so wish to find a belt case which will allow me to put the phone in it with its normal case intact as well.

I would have thought this was a reasonable request, but have searched Amazon, Snakehive, etc to no avail.

Thanks.
Barry

What kind of case are you using? I have a belt holster that I use with a Lovvitt bumper case, but it doesn't add too much to the size of the phone.

thank you Dave. I am using a Snakehive leather type flip case. The phone will fit into my existing belt clip on its own perfectly, but not with its normal case on. It is not easy to remove from its case, and this is why the tabs broke off my original flip case, and why I need to find a belt case which can accommodate the phone whilst still in its normal case.

I read of such things being used by others in Amazon - years ago - but cannot now find the references.

Thank you for your interest in this issue.

Barry

Barry, if I'm looking at the right one, it would seem that your case is similar to this one, if not in color at least in form and size:
iphone_4_br_anna_png_669a2220-0469-4480-a96a-b522eb81d04a_large.png

Because of the added space at the bottom, and the tab at the top, I have no suggestions for you. It would be considerably larger than my Luvvitt. However, it would seem to me that one of the belt holsters made to accept one of the larger style cases (such as an Otterbox Commuter) might work. One thing that you might do is to find something that you think might work and then contact the manufacturer for exact dimensions (if they're not already given). Be sure to specify the inside dimensions. Here's an example that I found on Amazon made by a company by the name of Debin. Its inside dimensions are given as 5.5" x 3" x 0.75". I'm sure there are many other similar sized holster cases.
71sq6QyB2+L._SL1000_.jpg

Barry, if I'm looking at the right one, it would seem that your case is similar to this one, if not in color at least in form and size:
View attachment 23157
Because of the added space at the bottom, and the tab at the top, I have no suggestions for you. It would be considerably larger than my Luvvitt. However, it would seem to me that one of the belt holsters made to accept one of the larger style cases (such as an Otterbox Commuter) might work. One thing that you might do is to find something that you think might work and then contact the manufacturer for exact dimensions (if they're not already given). Be sure to specify the inside dimensions. Here's an example that I found on Amazon made by a company by the name of Debin. Its inside dimensions are given as 5.5" x 3" x 0.75". I'm sure there are many other similar sized holster cases.
View attachment 23158

Thanks for responding Dave.

I looked up the Debin holders on Amazon and was shocked to see that they are around £70 each!

I have now done some further searching and have now purchased a belt holder from Gorilla Tech which has now arrived and which is ideal - for £9.99! It is actually designed for the 6s but because of that I can easily fit my 5C complete with flip case into this new belt case when I need to have the phone on my belt. It looks very solid and secure and I am very pleased with it.

SO I am sorted, but thank you for trying to help.

Barry.

I found these awesome belt pouches, carriers at R.E.I. And at $6.00 new. They easily accomodate and I phone 5 or 6, while in an Otterbox Commuter case. Plus, they have a zippered pouch to stash some cash or a credit card or two.

Attachments

• Phone Case.jpg
    Phone Case.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 489
REI sells a great little belt pouch for I Phone 5 & 6, for only $6.00. It easily accepts those phone while in an Otterbox Commuter or similar sized case. It's what I use now. I'm trying to attach the photo of it, but this site won't allow it at the moment.

REI sells a great little belt pouch for I Phone 5 & 6, for only $6.00. It easily accepts those phone while in an Otterbox Commuter or similar sized case. It's what I use now. I'm trying to attach the photo of it, but this site won't allow it at the moment.
At the bottom of the box you write your message in there should be a button called Upload A File. Tap on it and you can select choose file in the pop up and photo library in the next pop up. When the photo is uploaded, select Full Image. That's how it should work but I keep getting a server error message when I try.

We have our own app:
Forum for iPhone by Forum Foundry
https://appsto.re/at/aLf7y.i

If posting pictures doesn't work via browser, try the app. It should be working there.

At the bottom of the box you write your message in there should be a button called Upload A File. Tap on it and you can select choose file in the pop up and photo library in the next pop up. When the photo is uploaded, select Full Image. That's how it should work but I keep getting a server error message when I try.

Thanks. I tried that. It stated there was a technical issue and to try later.