What's new

Battery dies fast after jailbreak 5.1.1

InkedAdrenaline said:
I get horrible battery life also. I've tried the hard reboot and full cycle charge blah blah. IMO I think it may be possible some people exaggerate a bit on how much they get out of their batteries. I always keep my brightness at mid or below mid level, turn off wifi when not using, and have all my settings to help with battery life and i still end up switching my Mophie Juice pack on towards the end of the day. If I didn't have the Mophie my phone would die everyday before I got home.

Nope. No exaggeration. I left home at 8am used about 10 minutes talk and read and responded to hundreds of emails. Surfed during lunch for 30 minutes and now reading forums for last 20 minutes. Battery level sitting at 71% right now at 6:04 pm.

Nope. No exaggeration. I left home at 8am used about 10 minutes talk and read and responded to hundreds of emails. Surfed during lunch for 30 minutes and now reading forums for last 20 minutes. Battery level sitting at 71% right now at 6:04 pm.

That's impressive. I can't leave home with 100% and by the time I drive to work I'm at 98% just from checking time and messages

Settings> General> Reset> Here there are all reset options.

Is it a good idea to do a network reset every so often? What exactly does that do? Is it a good idea to hit reset all settings on occasion? Thank you!

klw91 said:
Is it a good idea to do a network reset every so often? What exactly does that do? Is it a good idea to hit reset all settings on occasion? Thank you!

No that is not a good idea. Only do that to resolve issues and know what you are doing.

My problem is after i full changed then unplug the adapter,using playing game battery life less 94%,then i try respring,battery life less 96%?this is what problem???

I think it's also important to know that the cellular signal strength in your area(s) also effect the battery life. The weaker the signal the more your phone works to search/ maintain that signal as it pushes data. If its a strong signal your phone works a lot less.

I have a good signal at work and home and my phone can sometimes last about 2 full days. I also turn off Bluetooth when not needed. I have wifi off unless I'm at home then its on. I also turn off location services at home and turn it on when I leave. Sbsettings make switching the features on and off a breeze.....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

InkedAdrenaline said:
That's impressive. I can't leave home with 100% and by the time I drive to work I'm at 98% just from checking time and messages

Same here.

My battery life as been bad lately. ...and I cannot restore because I have no wifi...lol. Driving me crazy.

zig9449 said:
Same here.

My battery life as been bad lately. ...and I cannot restore because I have no wifi...lol. Driving me crazy.

Have you guys conditioned your battery several times by letting it run down completely and then charging right away? I find sometimes my iPhone starts to act up but doing that returns it to normal

BTW I leave my wifi and Bluetooth running all the time and I am jailbroken but don't use any dynamic themes as they are battery suckers.

zphone said:
Have you guys conditioned your battery several times by letting it run down completely and then charging right away? I find sometimes my iPhone starts to act up but doing that returns it to normal

BTW I leave my wifi and Bluetooth running all the time and I am jailbroken but don't use any dynamic themes as they are battery suckers.

Of coarse. I definitely know exactly how a lithium ion battery should be treated.

Umm yes many of us know of this we been around for a long long long time.

You are correct that doing a condition once per month is a good thing and is recommended.

XamDam said:
Umm yes many of us know of this we been around for a long long long time.

You are correct that doing a condition once per month is a good thing and is recommended.

Sorry it was just you seemed to be implying that a restore would fix battery somehow and I wanted to state the obvious before asking you further on the restore?

Sorry it was just you seemed to be implying that a restore would fix battery somehow and I wanted to state the obvious before asking you further on the restore?

I stated to do a battery condition two times to see if that fixed it and if not then try a restore.

I've done that battery condition thing numerous times, restored, unjailbroke, repeat, and my battery is still terrible on 5.1.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris951 said:
I've done that battery condition thing numerous times, restored, unjailbroke, repeat, and my battery is still terrible on 5.1.1

Do you know what good iPhone battery life is?

Do you know what good iPhone battery life is?

Yeah my battery used to last all day. Now it goes down 10% every 45 minutes of use with the same settings and apps. Only thing different is the updated iOS. I heard battery life is better now on the 4s but not my 4.