What's new

Battery dies fast after jailbreak 5.1.1

Oh, my battery test was inconclusive with the first woman because I had just restored it earlier that day to see if that would fix the issue and she said that there wasn't enough data from the test to be conclusive but that my battery life was normal.

Yeah he tested mine and it said normal and it brought up the best battery life I've got since a restore which was 5 hours usage and 16 hours standby. Even the guy said that was pretty bad. So far battery life is the same since turning off everything. Not noticeably different. I'll be ordering a new battery soon. Not impressed with apples customer service at the store at all. Although I'm sure it depends on who helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InkedAdrenaline said:
What does the battery test consist of?

I have no idea...but it's some kind of software that the Genus's use at the Apple Store to test battery efficiency.

I personally don't think it works very well.

I have no idea...but it's some kind of software that the Genus's use at the Apple Store to test battery efficiency.

I personally don't think it works very well.

I don't think it works well either. My battery life is still terrible but according to their test 5 hours of usage is "normal".

Chris951 said:
I don't think it works well either. My battery life is still terrible but according to their test 5 hours of usage is "normal".

Yeah....definitely not normal.

If you read the iPhone user guide...it gives a ridiculous amount of time each task uses for battle usage.

According to the iPhone user guide...Apple straight up lied about how long the battery actually lasts. When you compare to what most people get out of they're devices anyway.

Yeah I will be purchasing a new battery soon lol this is today's usage with location services and push notifications off for everything except text messages and phone calls.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339280986.473963.jpg

That is not 5.1.1 or the jailbreak.

That is something else.

2 hours down to 20% with said usage?

Something is seriously wrong with your device.

Only person "ever" I heard of that had battery life like that.

Did you even cycle charge before assuming its the jailbreak or the iOS?

Because if it's anything, it's either a hardware problem...or you restored to a corrupted backup that was created from the device while it was jailbroken.

No way the 5.1.1 jailbreak combo caused that...there is just no way that is even close to possible.lol.

Sorry to Disagree, that was the reason for my initial post.
My battery life was great up until the jailbreak, so I say it is directly related to cydia or some program running in the back that kills it.

newstang said:
Sorry to Disagree, that was the reason for my initial post.
My battery life was great up until the jailbreak, so I say it is directly related to cydia or some program running in the back that kills it.

Sorry to disagree with you but it has nothing to do with cydia or jailbreak. Saying that it does is misleading. Something else you loaded after jailbreaking maybe but it is not that jailbreaking causes high battery usage itself.

Your right, the jailbreak didnt do it, I was thinking more something within Cydia is using resources.
Fact is before was normal, now it dies fast.
I did remove the report back to cydia stuff as well as other unknown tweaks and am getting more.
I am also using removeBG often and it seems to help.

perhaps you can list the apps/tweaks you have installed since your JB and see if someone can point you toward the one that may be messing with you....

Figured out my battery issue a couple of hours after my post but I feel the need to chime it and apologize for accusing the jailbreak or Cydia for my own stupidity. Cydia and the jailbreak had NOTHING to do with my battery drain.

Figured out my battery issue a couple of hours after my post but I feel the need to chime it and apologize for accusing the jailbreak or Cydia for my own stupidity. Cydia and the jailbreak had NOTHING to do with my battery drain.

So what was the issue?

I find my battery is pretty much the same even if it looks like its lasting longer or shorter.

To example...one day I can go from 100% to 95% in 1 hour of usage.

And one day I can go from 100% to 95% in 25 minutes of Usage.

Either way,....my battery is alway between 35 and 20% at the end of the day.

Some days it looks like its lasting much longer...but in reality it's the same a the end of the day.

Last edited:
I find my battery is pretty much the same even if it looks like its lasting longer or shorter.

To example...one day I can go from 100% to 95% in 1 hour of usage.

And one day I can go from 100% to 95% in 25 minutes of Usage.

Either way,....my battery is alway between 35 and 20% at the end of the day.

Some days it looks like its lasting much longer...but in reality it's the same a the end of the day.

This is true. I just hope they use the same battery the droid razor maxx is using for the iphone5. The Maxx gets like 2.5 days...