What's new

Battery after latest update

Andyvalver said:
This is mine today. I've noticed since the update it stays at 100% for longer before dropping but it actually only lasts the same amount of time. I think apple created an illusion of better battery life.

Yup. That sounds more like it. I think I would believe that before I believed they actually fixed it.

My battery was down over 20 percent after the ios5.1 release while i was on 5.0.1... Which was doing fine till the day after dat 5.1 release... But after i updated... My phone got so much better battery... I dont have jailbreak no more cuz this though...

$image-2376007003.jpg

Keep in mind that my last pic... The standby time included the 7hours of use...

just wanted to chime in for those with identical battery stats for up and standbye times...do a "settings reset" only AFTER a full charge. do not do a hard reset just a settings reset...once that is done go in and personalize your settings as you would have them. Hope this helps...oh and BTW for the passed 2 nights @ exactly 9pm i unplugged at 100% started pandora...woke up both days @ 10am and pandora was still going giving me me 13+ continuous hours of usage. I am on 5.1 and have only had the phone a few days not sure how to take screen shots but will figure it out and repeat the steps above tonight.

I decided to do this as a benchmark of 5.1 and battery life. also like to point out this is 3g streaming on HQ settings with the display only on to check messages and such throughout the night...very light sleeper.

Hi all, I am new to the apple scene and I have to say that I am pretty happy so far. I do have to report that I got my 4s last week and for the first 2 days the battery was great then I got the update and now it seems to drain pretty fast but I did not think much of it because I have been playing with it non stop. Reading this thread though, I will be letting it drain all the way and then charge it tonight. Hopefully that will help. Thanks for this thread.

Hi all, I am new to the apple scene and I have to say that I am pretty happy so far. I do have to report that I got my 4s last week and for the first 2 days the battery was great then I got the update and now it seems to drain pretty fast but I did not think much of it because I have been playing with it non stop. Reading this thread though, I will be letting it drain all the way and then charge it tonight. Hopefully that will help. Thanks for this thread.
with the update comes updated settings that get turned on by default especially with location and push emails...turn those off as well as anything else you don't immediately need. that will help with battery life considerably.

Just wanted to follow up with testing i had done...last night i ran pandora again after a full charge and it's still running with 6% battery remaining. $IMG_0027[1].jpg

just wanted to chime in for those with identical battery stats for up and standbye times...do a "settings reset" only AFTER a full charge. do not do a hard reset just a settings reset...once that is done go in and personalize your settings as you would have them. Hope this helps...oh and BTW for the passed 2 nights @ exactly 9pm i unplugged at 100% started pandora...woke up both days @ 10am and pandora was still going giving me me 13+ continuous hours of usage. I am on 5.1 and have only had the phone a few days not sure how to take screen shots but will figure it out and repeat the steps above tonight.

I decided to do this as a benchmark of 5.1 and battery life. also like to point out this is 3g streaming on HQ settings with the display only on to check messages and such throughout the night...very light sleeper.

How do you do a "settings reset"?

Thank you!
Nancy

Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings.

The phone will reboot...FYI.