What's new

Are you upgrading or buying your first Apple TV?

What's your experience with the Apple TV?

• You have Apple TV and want to upgrade to the newest generation.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • You don't have Apple TV and the new Apple TV has convinced you to jump on board.

• You don't have Apple TV but want the older generation of Apple TV.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You have Apple TV, but the new generation isn't exciting (or cheap) enough to upgrade.

• Apple TV is stupid.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never had an Apple TV, and I've been thinking recently of getting one. I currently just use an HDMI chord to plug my Macbook into my TV, but I've heard all the great things about Apple TV, and, prior to the announcement of the 4th gen Apple TV, I was planning on getting the current gen. I'm still debating whether its worth it to save the money and buy an older one, or if the App Store on the new TV (IMO its best characteristic) is worth the upgrade.

We currently have two 3rd gen atv 's. One for the lounge & one for our bedroom, we are going to upgrade to the 4th gen atv & use it in the lounge as a family experience . Given the new direction of atv and apps on board we feel that it's worthwhile and very affordable , I personally think it's actually a very cheap upgrade compared to other devices . We're looking forward to the upgrade as soon as its launched . In fact over the last 3 years that we've had atv and a Netflix subscription etc we've actually saved over £200 by not needing terrestrial/ digital services :) win win