What's new

App Menu?

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
Ok so as an example android has the menu button that pulls up every app installed in alphabetical order. Is there a tweak so I don't have to have every app on a page or in a folder on the page?

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I swear I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but what is the difference in putting all your apps in one folder in your dock and an app drawer? Lol...you can put them all in a folder and put in in your dock and arrange them how you want, to me that's an app drawer.

Ok then is there a way to get them ALL in one folder? And to sort them alphabetically?

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Ok then is there a way to get them ALL in one folder? And to sort them alphabetically?

iPhoneMommy

Why can't you put all of them in a folder? And if you have folderenhancer you can even put a folder in a folder...and you can't sort them how ever you want.

The problem is that sorting them alphabetically takes up quite a bit of time if you have a lot of apps. I have been looking for a similar feature for years. I sort all my apps, besides the ones on my homescreen, into "Games" and "Apps" folders. Because I have upwards of 100 apps installed on my phone, this takes a lot of time, and then when I download a new app, if the app is lower in the alphabet, it takes a lot of time just to rearrange the icons. I wish the FolderEnhancer dev would add a "sort alphabetically" feature, would make my life a lot easier!

Why can't you put all of them in a folder? And if you have folderenhancer you can even put a folder in a folder...and you can't sort them how ever you want.

Isn't there a limit? I can't put more than x # of apps in a folder. Or is there a tweak for that? Also can they do auto alphabetized or do I need to do that.

iPhoneMommy

The problem is that sorting them alphabetically takes up quite a bit of time if you have a lot of apps. I have been looking for a similar feature for years. I sort all my apps besides the ones on my homescreen into "Games" and "Apps" because I have upwards of 100 apps installed on my phone, this takes a lot of time. And then when I download a new app, if the app is lower in the alphabet, it takes a lot of time just to rearrange the icons. I wish the FolderEnhancer dev would add a "sort alphabetically" feature, would make my life a lot easier!

Yeah that's my issue. Lots of apps.

iPhoneMommy

One thing I have done as a painful workaround is every so often after I have installed a bunch of apps I will do Settings>General>Reset>Reset Homescreen Layout>Factory defaults. The problem with this is that it removes all your foldered apps, although it does sort them alphabetically. Then I re-folder them in alphabetical order. Would much rather have a "sort alphabetically" function in FolderEnhancer though.

Yeah that's where I'm at now. Lol. Pita I tell ya ;)

iPhoneMommy

I requested the tweak in the other thread where the poster was taking requests for tweaks, we'll see if I get a bite!

Great! Thanks!

iPhoneMommy

AndroidLoader perhaps? It's kinda like the little icon/button you can press to display all your apps and stuff on Android. A little crude compared to the Android version but nonetheless, still alphabetical order. $2.99 kinda well spent (?).

Last edited:
Ended up doing folder enhancer. Working decent so far!! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363080497.118985.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363080523.219071.jpg

iPhoneMommy