What's new

Anyone not using screen protector?

I had a black iPhone 6 before and I had no protection. I noticed that the screen get scratched very easy and now I have a silver one and screen shield on.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I have been using screen protectors since my first iPhone. Safety first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got one on my 6 plus, believe me it's so easy to get scratched when you're not thinking about it. My thing is, when I try to put a screen saver on any device I own it looks so awful I take it back off! I get someone from Verizon to do it for me, those guys are pros, I don't even hardly notice it's there.

Got one on my 6 plus, believe me it's so easy to get scratched when you're not thinking about it. My thing is, when I try to put a screen saver on any device I own it looks so awful I take it back off! I get someone from Verizon to do it for me, those guys are pros, I don't even hardly notice it's there.
Try Tech Armour screen protectors, they go on like a dream, no bubbles.

Nope never have use one. The newer phones have very tough glass that would be difficult to scratch. I did order a new waterproof case that of course has a glass front. Will see how I like it. If it empeds the touch factor that case will end up in the junk drawer. Will see.

Screen protector is not a bad idea.. generally useful if you're clumsy like me.

I never used screen protectors until one day I was sitting outside and the Sun reflected off of my Blackberry 8330 screen just right and allowed me to see the microscopic scratches all over the screen...... I've been using screen protectors ever since that day. I have since upgraded from the plastic versions of screen protectors to the GLASS protectors. Plus the GLASS versions also add some protection towards screen breakage. I've experimented with several different brands and the Zagg brand fits my needs and wants the best. Replacing a screen protector (approx $25/30) is a lot cheaper than replacing the entire screen ($150/200) ....Just my .02 cents

Last edited:
Yep. It's better than having to replace the whole screen. I have had iLLumiShield screen protectors in the past for my iPhone 4s and it did the works. Glass protectors are great too. Zagg seems to be a credible company when it comes to glass screen protectors but quite expensive.

I never used screen protectors until one day I was sitting outside and the Sun reflected off of my Blackberry 8330 screen just right and allowed me to see the microscopic scratches all over the screen...... I've been using screen protectors ever since that day. I have since upgraded from the plastic versions of screen protectors to the GLASS protectors. Plus the GLASS versions also add some protection towards screen breakage. I've experimented with several different brands and the Zagg brand fits my needs and wants the best. Replacing a screen protector (approx $25/30) is a lot cheaper than replacing the entire screen ($150/200) ....Just my .02 cents
I certainly feel more relaxed about cleaning my screen with a protector on it, I always think that each time you clean the naked screen you might actually make tiny little scratches with the cloth.

Which one is better, a thin plastic protector or a thicker glass one? I don't have any protector on right now and the scratches are starting to appear..

Which one is better, a thin plastic protector or a thicker glass one? I don't have any protector on right now and the scratches are starting to appear..
I use the plastic type, I can't say anything about glass ones as i haven't tried them.
I can recommend Tech Armor screen protectors, they are inexpensive and very easy to install, they also wear extremely well. I get mine on Amazon.

Last edited:
Thanks, I think the glass ones are sometimes quite bulky and I'd like to keep my phone slim. Then again I've had the plastic protectors on my android and they keep ripping off from the corners :(

Thanks, I think the glass ones are sometimes quite bulky and I'd like to keep my phone slim. Then again I've had the plastic protectors on my android and they keep ripping off from the corners :(
I have had several Tech Armor ones for different phones and they have never budged, The one I have on my iPhone 6 has been there since day one and I have had no need to replace it.
They are very good quality not flimsy at all.

Last edited:
I never used a protector on my previous 4 or 5s but do now on my 6. The salesman at Verizon put it on and you can't even tell it's there. My 5s that I gave to my husband got many scratches on it and even two small "dings" from something...possibly my keys while in my purse.