What's new

Anyone know latest on GMail problem

AL Cracker

Reaction score
I have not been able to use my Gmail from my IPhone 4S mail account since iOS6 update. Anyone hear about a fix coming out.

I have not been able to use my Gmail from my IPhone 4S mail account since iOS6 update. Anyone hear about a fix coming out.

My iPhone 5 is sending and getting gmail just fine. I don't think a problem (in general) exist.

AL Cracker said:

Could be worth deleting the account and adding it again.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

My dad uses gmail and he had to delete his account and add it again 4 times before it started working.

Try looking in settings, mail, mine was turned off after updating to io6.

Can you give us some more details of what it is or is not doing? The clarification would help. If it's not receiving push emails, I know one think I have to do on my 4S is set up my GMail account as an Exchange account. Did that and it is working perfectly.

All other email accounts I have work fine. I have a corporate account, Me account and 2 yahoo accounts. Gmail is only one that would not work after update. Kept getting a message that Gmail could not access the server. I deleted and added it as someone suggested and it seems to have worked for now.

I have had the same problem. Tried rebooting, deleted and reentered gmail. Get a message saying username ond password aren't correct - I know they are correct. Really frustrated.

The problem seems to be with the gmail app. Not the standard iPhone email app. I am going to delete my gmail app and re install. See if that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally I entered my gmail account to my new phone and had some issues, but I think it had to do with getting my password in correctly. I was having touch screen issues wit the letter *P* and number *0*. Eventually I got the account to work and later found the gmail app and it works just fine now.

One problem I am having with my iPhone 4, gmail, and IOS 6 is that I receive an e-mail alert when the icon badge goes up a number or goes down a number.

All I did was upgrade to IOS 6, and this false e-mail alert started happening. Very annoying since the iPhone does not always update immediately after I check my e-mail on a PC. 5 minutes later, my phone is vibrating and no new messages! Just alerting me that I now have less messages than before...

Great post, you have pointed out some fantastic points, I as well believe this is a very excellent website..
thanks

Moderator notice: please refrain from posting external links

Last edited by a moderator: