What's new

Anyone getting the iPhone SE

cereal killer

Reaction score
I watched the Apple event and found it very interesting that a 4" iPhone is still very much in demand. I was shocked to be perfectly honest.

So my question is, is there anyone on the forums itching to get their hands on the SE? If so--why? I'm going to assume the smaller screen size but there may be other reasons as well.

TIA

Screen size wise - that seems really small :)...
I know thats why I was so surprised at the popularity of it. I can't even imagine using a 4" screened smartphone as my daily driver. I think they are really targeting the emerging markets and China with this handset?

Last edited:
I know a lot of the older folks are excited it's coming back- my mom being one of them-- and she's already asked me to help her preorder hers on Thursday. People honestly for the most part don't like change, and a lot of people returned their iPhone 6 because they complained it was "too big". It is nice to see that Apple listened to consumers and brought back the iPhone design that really changed them all- the iPhone 5. Kudos Apple!

I'm in the market to replace my i5s.
I want a larger screen.
5.2 works for me.
BUT....
This SE has alot to offer in what Apple says its going to have.
I might have 2 phones just because this SE seems so appealing.

Thoughts?

The SE is going to be a great little phone- if you're used to the size already then go for it- I know that I am more than happy with the 6s plus- my mom on the other hand just ordered her SE this morning- kinda excited about it for her- cause she is the one who kept her Nokia for like 7 years before going to the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SE screen presents 323 PPI? Isn't that identical to the three-year old 5S? And aren't Android devices with flagship specs available with 5"+ screens at half that $399 entry price?

It all depends on how brand bound we are.

This isn't an android vs Apple thread. And I can bet the SE will out perform android devices in that price range

I'll be switching from a 6 to the SE. I have no need of a large phone since I only use it for phone, text, email and listening to music. I'm not one that spends all day and night staring at my phone. I rarely check social media stuff and when I do I use a computer. I don't watch movies/videos or play games on it, and I use dedicated video and camera equipment for my picture and video needs.Sure i snap a picture here and there on my phone, but it's usually not worth saving, it's more for showing someone in person then it gets deleted.

I think the larger screen size is great for people that only have one device, but for other people that use different devices for different things, the smaller sized device is nice. And yea, I'm probably older than most around here, but I've been working in the tech industry for nearly 30 years and have a ton of experience with tech devices, so age doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing :)

This isn't an android vs Apple thread. And I can bet the SE will out perform android devices in that price range

I believe your second sentence is at war with the first.

Not being a fanboy, although I have only had Apple devices, my own processes runs like:

•  is offering a souped up three-year old handset with unremarkable display.
• What else is available at that price?
• The fact that most here will never proceed past the first item explains why  scores an astounding 94% of smartphone profit in this world