What's new

Any feedback about iOS 5.0.1 update?

I have been off charger since 700. At 60%. We will check tomorrow when I am on it more. But this was a definite improvement.

/

Its even worse with the new software.

Uuugghhhh, what is Apple doing .... instead of fixing, they made it worse.

/

Well, there seems to be an improvement, I left my streaming radio on all night and in the morning I have 67% left, but I will have to monitor that along some more days.

Before Update I could go 3 days on a charge.
After Update - battery life @ 50% at 7p
Battery Life worse now.

I upgraded yesterday about noon. I never really had any battery issues but i feel if there is an update then im gona install it cause there must be something that needs to be fixed in software. OH yeah im thinking microsoft again LOL anyway back to the phone. After the update i have seen no changes.. maybe a little longer battery life in standby but thats about it.

For those who have battery charging and discharging questions you should look at the website Batteryuniveristy.com Under the learn about batteries section They have a ton of information under the charging methods and discharging methods for lithium based batteries. I don't go by what other people say on how to take care of your battery. The people behind battery univeristy knows what they are talking about on how to take care of your batteries, this is what they do.. In there information they say to never fully discharge a lithium based battery, and partial charges are better then full charges. These are the methods i follow and i have never had a problem in many years of having cell phones. Of course this is my opinion and feelings about the subject. I just think that listening to a website dedicated to batteries and for the amount of information they are giving you that they know a little more then Joe Shmoe over in know it all city half way around the world telling you what to do about your battery.

Last edited:
I will have to see in a few days. I trained my battery initially so I didnt notice an issue would last me about a day and half with no issues. Its way better than my evo ever was

after giving the update good reviews for battery improvement, i may not totally agree on m 4s. I took off charger today at 0800 and it is not 1015 and I am @ 85% . Maybe it will just take a few days to get into shape.

scotiez said:
I upgraded yesterday about noon. I never really had any battery issues but i feel if there is an update then im gona install it cause there must be something that needs to be fixed in software. OH yeah im thinking microsoft again LOL anyway back to the phone. After the update i have seen no changes.. maybe a little longer battery life in standby but thats about it.

For those who have battery charging and discharging questions you should look at the website Batteryuniveristy.com Under the learn about batteries section They have a ton of information under the charging methods and discharging methods for lithium based batteries. I don't go by what other people say on how to take care of your battery. The people behind battery univeristy knows what they are talking about on how to take care of your batteries, this is what they do.. In there information they say to never fully discharge a lithium based battery, and partial charges are better then full charges. These are the methods i follow and i have never had a problem in many years of having cell phones. Of course this is my opinion and feelings about the subject. I just think that listening to a website dedicated to batteries and for the amount of information they are giving you that they know a little more then Joe Shmoe over in know it all city half way around the world telling you what to do about your battery.

Excellent advice about batteryuniversity. Way to many urban myths floating around about this subject. I did not and never have conditioned a battery, and my battery life is just fine.

Attachments

• $image-1116947485.jpg
    $image-1116947485.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Yes, thank you for the link to battery university. Very helpful.

I upgraded 11/11 also and lastnight I was in 90% charge before I went to bed and left it unplugged when I woke up it was at 78% and now after browsing the forum for about 10 minutes it's at 72%. With ios 4.?? I was keeping all my charge while in standby for the night... Hopefully this gets fixed soon..

Batteryuniversity's info isn't always correct. You must properly condition a LithiumIon battery by the run it out and full charge method at least three times. That is not an urban myth. It's 'physics'.

I would have to say they are more correct then most of the people taking a guess at what to do. I have had cell phones since 1992 and never have i ever conditioned a battery by the way of running it out 3 times. maybe way back when the nicad and nimh batteries were being used but never since lithium based batteries have been made. Battery University puts extensive tests and to use the information from these tests is why they are able to put the kind of information out for everyone to see. And running a lithium based battery completely dead does more harm to the battery then good. They have facts to back this up. And If we are talking physics the process in which lithium based batterys are made to produce energy should last forever and ever because of the movment of ions inside the battery, but for some reason PHYSICS is wrong on this nature cause everyone knows the battery dies and looses its charge after so many charging cycles. This is caused by aging which is an enemy to all batteries of any type.