What's new

Another 5C Storage Thread

P598738

Reaction score
The model number is MGFJ2LL/A. It's a 8GB 5C I think.

The storage is driving me crazy. Drilling down Settings ------> Usage -------> Storage I see:

Used 5.4 GB
Available 0 Bytes

I click 'Manage' and see lots of stuff that adds up to about 520 MB. I have no idea what's going on and can't seem to get any storage back. What should I be looking at and/or doing to solve my problem ? Suggestions ??? Thanks.

Try connecting it to iTunes (computer), and see what iTunes tells about your storage.

If you find something called "Other" (orange colour), and it uses quite a bit of your storage space, remove Safari history and website data, take a look at your Reading List in Safari. Maybe there are some things you don't need, so delete them.
Remove the mail accounts you're using in the Mail app from your iPhone, then set them up again.
Delete messages or attachments in the Messages app.

If that doesn't help, make sure you have a most recent backup. Then connect your iPhone to iTunes and restore it.

I downloaded Itunes to this computer. I plugged in to the USB port using the cable I use to charge the Iphone.

Nothing !!! Can't seem to connect Iphone/Itunes to try your suggestion. Heck.

Any ideas ??? Thanks.

Which iOS are you running? This will take up a good portion of your 8GB. Also let it sit looking for used memory for a minute or two, my older 32 bit stuff running iOS 9 versions take a bit to check everything.

Looks like I am running 8..2. How to look for 'used memory' ?? 'Memory used' maybe ?

Looking at 10.3.2 looks like it needs 1.5 GB at least.

If you don't have much free storage available on your device, you can do the update through iTunes on your computer. The files are downloaded and prepared on your computer before being transferred to your iPad. This means that you need less available free space on your device before starting the update.

...How to look for 'used memory' ?? 'Memory used' maybe ?...
Connect your iPhone to the computer. When iTunes finds your device, you'll see a bar in Summary, at the bottom of the screen, with different colours. When you move the cursor to the different colours, it will show you what is used, and how much storage space is used.
IMG_3047.JPG

This is an old screenshot from a MacBook. The bar will look the same on a PC.