What's new

A Recently Deleted photo album ?

azoreseuropa

Reaction score
New in iOS 8 is a "Recently Deleted" photo album.. Is there a way I can disable it ? A "Recently Deleted" is annoying and I hate it.

Unfortunately, no. That's a stock feature of the phone and cannot be changed.

I'm just glad Apple brought back the Photo Album option. So, although it's annoying, it's livable. The good thing is that the pictures will permanently delete after 30 days if you don't delete them yourself. Not great - but it's what we got.

Sorry I couldn't provide better news.

Marilyn

That's not possible. It's one of the built in features that came with iOS 8.

It's also necessary that you remember:
Photos that were deleted from one of the other folders, appear in "Recently Deleted", and still use storage space for 30 days, unless you remove them from there before the 30 days are over.
Sometimes this folder is useful. It's possible to recover photos you've already deleted. I've needed this a few times since iOS 8 was introduced.

I already know that but I still disliked it so I guess there is nothing I can do. Maybe the next update or 9.0 removed it. I hope. :)

Before iOS 8, once you deleted a photo it was gone forever. Now, with the recently deleted folder, you have a second chance to recover a photo that was deleted by accident. Like J. A., I've needed it a few time to save a photo I didn't mean to delete.

That's true but I always deleted them and I haven't changed my mind to recover it. I just think carefully before I go ahead and deleted it knowing that I longer need it at all. However, deleting it by mistake is a disaster to you and this tool can be useful, I know. However, it is just me and I still disliked it, lol! :D

By the way, thanks for the answering and an advice.