What's new

A Few iPhone 6S Owners Have Experienced Overheating Issues that Disable the Camera Flash

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-6s-overheating-camera-flash-issue.jpg

There's a worrying technical issue cropping up for a small few iPhone 6S owners. According to a post thread on Reddit, the problem occurs when the phone will randomly overheat and generate a warning message as it shuts down the camera's flash.

The warning says, “Flash is disabled. The iPhone needs to cool down before you can use the flash.” According to reports, some iPhone 6S phones can reach temperatures of 102 degrees Fahrenheit during normal operations. This is higher than the typical smartphone operating temperatures around 90 degrees.

Overheating was recently a big issue for Android phones. Most notably, the HTC One M9 was a commercial failure because of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 overheating in that device. HTC ended up posting a software fix that basically caused the CPU to throttle down and reduce heat, but that was an inelegant fix that left some users with a marginally crippled flagship smartphone.

Could we be seeing something similar with Apple's new A9 chip? Let's cross our fingers that this was simply a small isolated incident that doesn't deviate from the normal volume of manufacturer defects which all companies experience from time to time.

For more technical support on the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus be sure to check out our discussion threads here:
Source: Reddit

Wow, this is not good. I was actually just thinking about this a few weeks ago wondering how fast the phones could get before heating became a problem. Hopefully it's just a small batch of them.

I haven't had any problems like this so far.

I hope this doesn't affect all of the new phones.

I hope Apple doesn't wait too long before telling customers how to resolve the issue; either by repairing or exchanging the defective phone.

I hope Apple doesn't wait too long before telling customers how to resolve the issue; either by repairing or exchanging the defective phone.
I'm pretty sure Apple would excel in their customer after sales service and honour any replacements or repairs , a standard warranty and inclusive Apple care takes care of most issues .
I can't say a bad word about Apples customer care , they're fantastic .

Wow this is very bad
Pushing off upgrading until I see this outcome [emoji22]
Yes Apple is excellent with customer service and we have apple stores all over this country not just Korea or whenever like other phones!
I plan on upgrading just need to hit the att store when it's in stock... I want to see it first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk