What's new

5S, Does Find My iPhone continue to transmit the location after it has been erased?

dzhu2005

Reaction score
I lost my iPhone 5s, I have passcode, so I think they already wiped clean, since iOS 7 clearly must have a network connection in order to confirm the entry of an Apple ID and password, it could in theory continue to send location updates, am I right? can I still track my phone if they wiped it clean?

You had a password set up but did you have an iCloud account set up and turn find my iphone on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost my iPhone 5s, I have passcode, so I think they already wiped clean, since iOS 7 clearly must have a network connection in order to confirm the entry of an Apple ID and password, it could in theory continue to send location updates, am I right? can I still track my phone if they wiped it clean?
If find my iPhone was installed on your iPhone at the time it was lost, whoever finds it cannot erase your phone without inputting your Apple ID and password. Find my iPhone can't be turned off without entering your Apple ID and password. Did you try logging into your account on iCloud.com to see the latest reported position for your iPhone?

I don't have find my phone turn on when I lost my phone, but after 2 days, I report it to my phone company, and they help me login to my apple id, and set it to lost mode, they tell me even the phone been wiped clean, when they open the phone, they will need connect to Wifi and enter my apple id to use it, they also will see the message I entered, I tell them my phone number and hope they can give me phone back. My question is at this point, is iPhone sending location information to my apple account? So I can see where is my phone?

If you didn't activate find my iphone you can't track it. I don't understand how they logged into your account and did all those things when you didn't have the service set up.

I have it setup before, and I turn it off few month ago, after I lost my phone, I'm used their web interface did all changes.

If it was turned off and not turned back on you will have no way of tracking it through find my iphone. You must have it turned on in your settings. If someone found your phone at best they will be able to use it as an expensive iPod touch. If someone honest finds it and turns it in you may get it back.

Login to iCloud and see if your phone comes up as a locatable device.