What's new

40% of American teens use or own an iPhone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
justin-bieber-teen-iphone.jpeg

The iPhone isn’t a gadget only for the mature generation, Apple’s smartphone seems to be a device that’s happily embraced by teens more and more. A new study coming out from Piper Jaffray stands as a witness to this statement.

According to their newest research, 40% of American teenagers own an iPhone. Analyst Gene Munster was in charge of the study determining which gadgets teens are most fond of these days. Apparently Apple takes all the glory again.

The bi-annual poll included 7,700 young people that were asked which device they own. Since last spring when the last poll was conducted numbers of teen iPhone owners grew 6%.

“We believe it is a positive sign for the power of the iPhone among younger users that Apple was able to expand its market share with teens despite no new product launches between our Spring and Fall 2012 surveys.”

The survey also showcased 44% of young adults have access to and use a brand of tablet. 72% of them turned out to be Apple iPads. 35% of the questioned youths didn’t have a tablet just yet but out of those who were thinking of buying one, and 74% were inclined to go for an iPad. And with the iPad mini being just around the corner, Apple products could grow in popularity over night with teenagers. Judging by the rumored extremely accessible price ($299) teens are more likely to reorient towards purchasing a shrunken version of the tablet.

By Radu

Source - iPhone Usage Among U.S. Teens Hits 40% as iPad Continues to Gain Traction - Mac Rumors

hookbill said:
No surprise, why do you think the android people call it the iToy?

Lmao I've never heard that one before

I believe this news report. My 3 nieces and nephew each saved their money to buy their iPhones by shoveling snow, raking leaves, etc. They love it!