What's new

3GS not activating

christinaevs

Reaction score
I have posted this question elsewhere, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

I bought a 3gs which is allegedly unlocked to any sim card. I put in my 02 sim card and have got as far as the stage where the phone requests that I connect to itunes. I connect the phone to computer and itunes but the message I receive (and have received for about 2 weeks now) is "unable to connect at this time, please try later", or words to that effect. Please, is there anyone who knows what's going on? Do you think this phone is not unlocked or jailbroken? I'm not iphone savvy as this is my very first one. All suggestions will be tried. Thank you for reading.

Did the seller specify which type of unlock was used on the device? Also, open up the Settings.app, go to General > About and check out the "modem firmware". It should be in this format: XX.XX.XX

Did the seller specify which type of unlock was used on the device? Also, open up the Settings.app, go to General > About and check out the "modem firmware". It should be in this format: XX.XX.XX

Thank you for responding.
The seller didn't specify which type of unlock he used. I can ask him though.
I can't open up the settings.app etc because the phone hasn't gone through the activation. I am unable to get into the phone at all.

Just found something which might be of use: ICCID; unknown.

Last edited:
Well in any case, you have two options on how you can unlock your device. One requires you to jailbreak your device, the other requires you to pay about $5-10 online or about 20-30$ from a carrier.

Well in any case, you have two options on how you can unlock your device. One requires you to jailbreak your device, the other requires you to pay about $5-10 online or about 20-30$ from a carrier.

Thank you for replying. I think I will send the phone back to him.