What's new

there is no sim card installed in the iphone you are attempting to activate 3gs

mereader

Reaction score
My Iphone is running on ios 5.1.1 and BB 6.15. I bought the factory unlock code in online and they asked me to follow the below instructions.

Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have internet connectivity and have a NON-ATT SIM CARD INSERTED.
1. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
2. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes .?
3. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.

I did the restore and getting error like "there is no sim card installed in the iphone". I'm in the first step where will select country,language etc. Help me in this regard. Thank you in adavance..

What baseband is your iPhone currently running now. IMEI unlocks do not support iPad basebands, remember that. They're a different list altogether when unlocked. Plus you could've downgraded your baseband or use the current flashed iPad baseband and unlock it using UltraSn0w/

You need to downgrade your baseband to the official iPhone 3GS baseband in order for the factory unlock to work properly. I believe the current baseband for iOS 6.0.1 is 5.16.07. The only reason not to upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 would be if you wanted an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1.

Just download redsn0w and jailbreak and tick the downgrade baseband box and your factory unlock will be fully working. Taking that it is legit.

You need to downgrade your baseband to the official iPhone 3GS baseband in order for the factory unlock to work properly. I believe the current baseband for iOS 6.0.1 is 5.16.07. The only reason not to upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 would be if you wanted an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1.

Just download redsn0w and jailbreak and tick the downgrade baseband box and your factory unlock will be fully working. Taking that it is legit.

0.9.15 RedSnow supports untethered jailbreaks for iOS 6.0 and 6.0.1.