What's new

iPhone 3GS updated to iOS6 how to activate?

Max1003

Reaction score
Hello,

My bro has gifted me iPhone 3GS last year. He bought it from UK and i am using in India. i have unlocked the phone and the iOS ver was 4.1. Then yesterday i have updated the iOS4.1 to iOS6 by iTunes. Update was done successfully but i was unable to activate my iPhone. If i try to activate my iTunes it says "Your iPhone could not be activated because the Activation Server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes. If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support." i tried by iTunes also there i am getting error as no SIM card installed on my phone. :(
Then i went to iStore nearby my location in India,hyderabad. They said that i have to unlock the phone onceagain then i went to local shop they said i cant unlock my phone by iOS6. so they again unlocked by iOS4.1

Can you please help me on this issue? I want to update my phone to iOS6.

Thanks
deepak

Turn phone off and try pulling the SIM card out and reinserting it. Sounds very similar to the issue I had when I first got my iPhone 5.

thanks for your response. I did many times..but still not working.. :-/

Hello,

My bro has gifted me iPhone 3GS last year. He bought it from UK and i am using in India. i have unlocked the phone and the iOS ver was 4.1. Then yesterday i have updated the iOS4.1 to iOS6 by iTunes. Update was done successfully but i was unable to activate my iPhone. If i try to activate my iTunes it says "Your iPhone could not be activated because the Activation Server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes. If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support." i tried by iTunes also there i am getting error as no SIM card installed on my phone. :(
Then i went to iStore nearby my location in India,hyderabad. They said that i have to unlock the phone onceagain then i went to local shop they said i cant unlock my phone by iOS6. so they again unlocked by iOS4.1

Can you please help me on this issue? I want to update my phone to iOS6.

Thanks
deepak

You have the same problem as I had. I took it to the Apple Genius center for them to help me. They basically told me that they cannot and would not help me. You cannot upgrade to OIS 6 they say. So I had 4.1 put back on the iphone 3gs and I've asked many people and they tell me Apple made sure Jailbroken 3gs iphone will not upgrade to 6. I hope you find a solution, as I would dearly love to upgrade mine also.