What's new

3G randomly disconnects

KalebEnlu

Reaction score
Hi, its been like a week since I've been having random 3G signal lose, the other bars from operador are to either 4/5 or 5/5, but 3G icon dissapears. I've tried reseting with airplane mode, restore network settings, resetting phone with top and botton button, and deactivating manually 3G. Gets fixed for a while but problem persists. Have read in forums that its something related to microsim, and has happened in other countries too. Any idea?

Thanks

If the problem is a micro sim then your network provider should supply a new one. Can you try someone else's sim in your phone. It might be a software issue, perform a restore using iTunes and set up as a new device to see if that rectifies the problem. If that fails you may have to take a trip to your local apple store or send it for repair.

Who is your provider? If it's AT&T, I would contact them for a new Micro SIM just simply because it may be causing the signal drops. If not, have you by chance done a factory reset from iTunes by entering into DFU mode? I'm not super confident it would work, but it's best to eliminate all options before taking the phone for repair.

Hi, thanks both for replying, I took it to my provider in Mexico (TELCEL) and first they did a restore and update of software (even I told them it was the 5.1.1); problem persisted so I took again yesterday and kept telling them about micro sim; they were going to make tests to see if they would replace as guarantee (phone has 3 months). If they dont, I'll end up buying the microsim. the one it has is a v 5.0 128kbs. Havent done a factory reset with iTunes, but if it keeps happening I'll do it, and adds apps one by one in case those are causing a crash (wich I doubt)

Thanks again, will keep in touch

So yeah, got new Micro sim, and problem persists, that sucks; might try the itunes reset and install apps 1 by 1, not sure if one is causing the trouble.

I hope it gets sorted for you. It is unlikely to be an app causing the problem. Try the restore and set up as new. If the problem still persists apple would replace the iPhone for you.

I had a similar issue with Verizon version. I would lose 3g and/or get the "o" icon.Brought to apple store and inside my antenna was loose. Been fine since.