What's new

Unable to use mobile data (3G) Any fix?

Unsungwyn

Reaction score
At times my iP4 is unable to register that it's in a 3G area and I am unable to use any mobile data even though I know I'm in a strong 3G area.

I have tried turning the 'mobile data' and '3G' buttons off and on to no change.

I eventually had to 'reset network settings' (after help from my local phone shop) this rebooted the mobile data and worked as it should.

However after only a few days the same problem arose and recently the problem has been getting more frequent (resetting network setting after each time this happens.)

Every time the phone resets network settings it forgets WIFI passwords not to mention it takes ages to reset and it always happens when I need mobile data the most.

Does anyone know why this happens or know any other method I could use to permanently stop this happening?

Thanks in advance

If the device was working perfectly fine prior on the exact same network, then it's likely a SIM or a carrier issue and not the device. To rule out device issue, eject the SIM tray, and perform a hard reset by holding both the power and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo, then release both. Unlock to your springboard, and insert your SIM card back into your device. If possible, bring it to your local carrier branch and see if a SIM replacement resolves the issue.