What's new

+1 on Every Contact Transferred from Outlook

mogden16

Reaction score
I had a droid on the Sprint network until I recently changed to an iPhone 4s on the AT&T network. I lost all my contacts from the transfer but luckily I was able to save many of them because they were on my Microsoft Exchange account. When I added my email to my phone, I was able to also sync my Exchange contacts as well.

I thought this was great, since I was able to save all of my contacts, until I realized that when I receive texts now, they come in reading "+1 (XXX) XXX - XXXX." This is not good since, although I may have their number saved in as a contact, my phone doesn't recognize it since it has a "+1" before the number.

I'm not sure how to remove this "+1" but it'd be great if someone could help me with this. I am not using this phone internationally so there is no need for this "+1"

Any ideas?

The only way is to edit each individual contact info page.. and delete the "+1" from each contact.

Or ate the contacts saved normally... and they're coming through w/ the "+1?"

They're saved normally. However when they come in, they come in attached with a +1. This is true even if I text the contact, without the "+1" first. It would come back with a "+1" and not be recognized by the phone.

Hmmm... honestly sounds like a carrier issue. Can't think of a setting on your iPhone that would cause that. Have you spoke w/ your wireless provider about this?