What's new

Xbox Live iOS App Can Control Your Xbox With New Update

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7142-xbox-live-app.JPG

This is a really nice update from Microsoft for its My Xbox Live app which changes your iPhone into a kind of remote control for your Xbox. AppleInsider reports that the new update lets you use your device to connect, control and discover content on your Xbox. Fire it up to get a quick list of your most recent activity, use the app to find new content in the Discover section, and use your iPhone (the feature is not yet enabled for iPad) like a remote to play, pause, fast-forward and rewind media on your Xbox. As you’ll know if you’ve got an Xbox, there’s much more to do with it than play games, you can also watch movies and TV and music and games videos, so using your iPhone as a remote comes in very handy here. The app’s Social feature enables you to view a list of your friends and when they last logged on, you can also view recent games you’ve played and your Achievements. What I really like about this app is that you get to watch trailers for upcoming games, the sort of stuff that you don’t usually have time to do when you fire up your Xbox and want to get straight into the gaming. Hopefully they’ll work on expanding this app even further.

Click here to download the free app: App Store - My Xbox LIVE

Source: Microsoft updates iPhone Xbox Live app with Wi-Fi console controller