What's new

Will having/using my iPhone near beads or jewelry made with beads and metal craft wire (like rings, necklaces, etc) crack or scratch my screen?

firestormy

Reaction score
Will having/using my iPhone near beads or jewelry made with beads and metal craft wire (like rings, necklaces, etc) crack or scratch my iPhone screen just from being near them? Especially if a bead fell on the screen. I have a screen protector.

I have the iPhone SE 2020

Will having/using my iPhone near beads or jewelry made with beads and metal craft wire (like rings, necklaces, etc) crack or scratch my iPhone screen just from being near them? Especially if a bead fell on the screen. I have a screen protector.

I have the iPhone SE 2020
If you allow abrasive objects to scrape against the screen or impact harshly against it, they could damage your screen. Can you not create a safe spot to put the phone if you must have it nearby?

If you allow abrasive objects to scrape against the screen or impact harshly against it, they could damage your screen. Can you not create a safe spot to put the phone if you must have it nearby?
Well, I worry because I have friends and family members who have these type of rings and necklaces. I don’t even wanna be within 10 feet of them because I’m afraid that just being near them would scratch or crack my screen from the jewelry.

Well, I worry because I have friends and family members who have these type of rings and necklaces. I don’t even wanna be within 10 feet of them because I’m afraid that just being near them would scratch or crack my screen from the jewelry.
Damage to the iphone screen is not possible without actual physical contact. If you scrape your ring across the surface it could cause damage. If you wear jewelry but do not rub it on the surface, there should be no damage. If you are that concerned there are many protective screen covers that you can use that do not hamper your user experience. Their are also great iphone cases to protect the rest of the iphone. Most of these are of moderate price.