What's new

Why I don't trust positive app reviews.

I read somewhere on here that we are meant to try to help each other, not insult. We aren't all experts.
If that was the case there would be no need for forums.
I would like to use stronger words but l would like, to learn some more.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I read somewhere on here that we are meant to try to help each other, not insult. We aren't all experts.
If that was the case there would be no need for forums.
I would like to use stronger words but l would like, to learn some more.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

None of us are experts. If we were, we would probably have Tim Cook's job. Between us, we do a pretty fair job of sorting problems out, often by picking up on someone else's thought, developing it as far as we are able and then letting someone else take over. We are a classic case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. To me, that's what forums are about.

The post l was referring to had in the mean time been edited l have just noticed

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

How do you know if that is what she is doing, or what she is doing?

How do you know if that is what she is doing, or what she is doing?
There's really only two things she could be doing with a setup like that shown in the photo. She's either downloading the same app to every iPhone in her array to inflate download numbers or downloading the apps to write fake positive reviews.

That must be the most boring job imaginable, talk about having no job satisfaction. I doubt she really is writing reviews, they would likely be in broken english unless they're all the same and that would be easy to spot anyway. Obviously something very questionable going on whatever it is.

In either case, download inflation or review manipulation, I look for reviews that clearly show that the reviewer has used the app and take the time to write a review that says more than "so kewl, great app, love it" etc. one app review I have seen was - "my favorite weather app" for a game review, so I am fairly certain that it does happen.

Also I too look at the negative reviews, angry reviews still show if there are problems but only if many negative reviews complain about the same thing.