What's new

White Screen... May be hardware

kaveman2010

Reaction score
I recently replaced the glass screen on my iphone 3gs (I've done this several times before without any issues). After puting everything back together and turning on the phone all I got was a white screen. I opened it back up and double checked to make sure everything was connected, but there was still the white screen. I grabbed my wife's 3gs and switched out the LCD assembly. I connected hers to mine and mine to hers. Both phones came up with a white screen. I connected her assembly back to her phone and it works just fine.
Also, itunes detects and recognizes my phone and shows that all of my photos, apps, etc. are on there as if nothing is wrong. I've tried rebooting and restoring and nothing has worked, so I don't think it's a software problem. Everything seems to be working except the screen. I can receive calls, I just can't answer them.
It seems that both sides, the phone and the LCD connections, are bad. Any thoughts on what could be going on or anything that I haven't tried?

hi i had the same problem d.i.y screen change, put in a shop had it for a week still white, i got it home & plugged it in to the wall charger some how it came on!!! i then bought a new screen with digitizer all good now!!