What's new

Where do the deleted pictures go?

hollywood1962

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the site and am looking for some help. In Itunes, it shows I have twice as many pictures as what my 4 says. Is this because of deleted pictures, and how do I get rid of them? Thanks
in advance.

Glen

iTunes shows all photos regardless of location. iOS will show you what is actually loaded on the iPhone. Deleted photos on the iPhone are truly deleted and won't show up anywhere.

So on your iTunes, you have to confirm what is being synced by looking at each folder and is it checked to sync.

Don't forget, just because you deleted a photo from the camera roll doesn't mean it's still not saved elsewhere. It would still be on your phone if it was texted (sent or received), or was used as a contact, or a wallpaper. It may also be used in other places I don't know about.

You know, that's a really good question for us not-so-intelligent-phone-innards-people! LOL! Where DOES that data go? When you delete photos and e-mail or clear the cache? Isn't the bit/byte data still taking up space "somewhere"? What happens to it?

(Oops, just noticed this thread is old)

Once you delete photos from iPhone they will be deleted permanently. if you have taken any type of back up then it may stored in i tunes or in your pc.

Deleted photos never be recovered except if you have back up of your data.

Deleted photos never be recovered except,
if you have back up of your data.
Have a backup of your iTunes.You can find on your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The deleted photos are there on the phone somehow. You just can't retrieve them. Here's a screenshot of my cam roll of a Santa hat gif. Behind the hat is a photo I had deleted. If they are gone, how is that possible?

$image-842063018.jpg