What's new

WhatsApp wallpaper won’t change for individual contacts!!

JD140

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an iPhone 13 Pro and use WhatsApp a lot. It is supposedly possible to now set a custom wallpaper for an individual. This would be a massive help to me if it was possible.
WhatsApp let’s me go into a contact’s chat, select a custom wallpaper and then gives me the option to “set” that wallpaper. Unfortunately the wallpaper doesn’t change!!!!
I’m with UK Vodaphone if that makes any difference!
Any help would be very much appreciated!

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I‘ve just tried that on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, it‘s working without problems.
Is the app on your iPhone up to date?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I‘ve just tried that on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, it‘s working without problems.
Is the app on your iPhone up to date?
Hi,
Yes, I’ve updated the app.

Are you changing the wallpaper for individual or all chats?

Also, are you in the UK and what phone network are you on?

I’m trying to change it by clicking on an individual chat name, wallpaper and sound, choose new wallpaper and set!

Is that the way you’ve had success with?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I can change the wallpaper for groups as well as persons, exactly the way you described it.
I am not from the UK, I am from Austria. That shouldn‘t matter, though.

I can change the wallpaper for groups as well as persons, exactly the way you described it.
I am not from the UK, I am from Austria. That shouldn‘t matter, though.
Thank you. Really don’t understand the issue. I’ve also deleted and reinstalled WhatsApp. Just a mystery!

Just tried. I too can't set wallpaper for individual contacts within WhatsApp chats....

Just tried. I too can't set wallpaper for individual contacts within WhatsApp chats....
Hi,

I’ve contacted WhatsApp who won’t acknowledge the issue. Just give you the usual pointless rubbish; restart your phone, contact your provider. I’ve tried the issue with two friends, one iPhone - same outcome as is, the other with an Android phone worked instantly!!!

Hi,

I’ve contacted WhatsApp who won’t acknowledge the issue. Just give you the usual pointless rubbish; restart your phone, contact your provider. I’ve tried the issue with two friends, one iPhone - same outcome as is, the other with an Android phone worked instantly!!!

Lol, the usual fob off! Unfortunately,since I have just literally got this phoneand immediately updated it, I never tried it before I updated to 15.5.... So don't know if it was working on 15.4or not! Oh well maybe v16 will fix it....