What's new

WhatsApp Messenger finally receives iOS 7 redesign

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
whatsapp.jpg

WhatsApp is one of the most popular free messaging services worldwide, with over 350 million monthly users. Many WhatsApp users are iPhone owners, and you will be glad to hear that the app has finally been redesigned for iOS 7.

WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages.

The latest WhatsApp iOS update adds a number of other new features and tweaks, besides the same user interface language as iOS 7. Here are the new features and enhancements:

• broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
  • improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
  • large thumbs
  • new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
  • application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
  • new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
  • crop image before sending

You can download the WhatsApp Messenger app for free from the App Store, and you will have to pay only $0.99 USD/year after the first free year.

Source: Apple App Store

The old keyboard really threw me off after updating to iOS 7. Glad they took the step to redesign for iOS 7 :)

I like this app, but I find myself using it less and less due to iMessage and BBM