What's new

Whatsapp last seen timestamp problem

rickwoo

Reaction score
Hi all, I just updated whatsapp on my iPhone 4 and the latest version of whatsapp have a feature to disable the "last seen timestamp" which means your last online time will be hidden. However I'm confusing about turning it "on" or "off", as I have been trying both but still my contacts can see my last seen time.

Any experts can help? I would like to hide the last seen time, what should I do? Turn it "on" or "off" under the setting -> advance -> last seen timestamp.

Many thanks
Rick

Hi Rick... please refrain from making duplicate posts regarding the same topic. As such, I have deleted the other threads you created regarding this question. Thanks!! Unfortunately, I'm not a Whatsapp user. Hopefully someone w/ a bit more knowledge here shortly and help resolfe your issue.

Turn OFF to not allow or show last seen timestamp.

It can take up to 24 hrs to take effect.

These instructions are already there in settings.

Iphones in the UK

I just figured out that iphone 4s still publishes the whatsapp timestamp regardless… also the two ticks to show you have actually read the message…Whats App cant be trusted!!

So, i figured a way to do it!!
On the iphone 4s set your notification for Whats app as an Alert –
Settings-notifications-whats app-notification center (ON) – alert style, Alert…
Double tap the main button and close Whats App.
Now when any one Whats App you, you can read most of the message on your iphone home screen and it will not alert the sender, click – CLOSE_ and the sender will never know!!. Unless of course you go into the message and then you are back into Whats App untrusted mode..
The only Flaw is that eventually when your read the message in Whats App it will then show the time you read it!
I am aware that this is inconvenient, but it has worked for me….
Hope this helps

UK Iphone4s

Perhaps try using something else other than Whatsapp if you don't want people to be stalkerish on your phone usage.