What's new

Whatsapp Last Seen Timestamp not working

NicH

Reaction score
Hi
I mistakenly turned off the "last seen timestamp" in Whatsapp on my 4S in advanced settings. IWhen I tried to turn it on again I received the following message..."This functionality can only be toggled at most once every 24 hours”. I waited more than 24hours, turned it on again but I still do not see any last seen timestamps for any of my contacts. This happened in version 2.8.1 of Whatsapp, I have today upgraded to 2.8.2 but this has ot resolved the problem. Is there a fix to this that someone could please help me with?

i have the same exact problem :(

i can't view the last timestamps of my contacts

and i download the old version of the Whatsapp and still i cant see the last timestamp

any help guys ???!

Hi
I mistakenly turned off the "last seen timestamp" in Whatsapp on my 4S in advanced settings. IWhen I tried to turn it on again I received the following message..."This functionality can only be toggled at most once every 24 hours”. I waited more than 24hours, turned it on again but I still do not see any last seen timestamps for any of my contacts. This happened in version 2.8.1 of Whatsapp, I have today upgraded to 2.8.2 but this has ot resolved the problem. Is there a fix to this that someone could please help me with?

i found out the silution for this issue and it WORKS:)

first go to: setting>>date-time>> change the date to be tomorow

second: go to: Whatsapp>>setting>>chat setting>> advanced>> change the last timestamp from ON to OFF

third: go to: setting>> date-time>>> set the right date for today

last step: go back to Whatsapp>> setting>>chat setting>> advanced>> change the bottom to ON

now you can view the last time stamp of your contacts ^_^ hooooraaaaay

Thank you so much!! Tried it and it works. Yay :)

i found out the silution for this issue and it WORKS:)

first go to: setting>>date-time>> change the date to be tomorow

second: go to: Whatsapp>>setting>>chat setting>> advanced>> change the last timestamp from ON to OFF

third: go to: setting>> date-time>>> set the right date for today

last step: go back to Whatsapp>> setting>>chat setting>> advanced>> change the bottom to ON

now you can view the last time stamp of your contacts ^_^ hooooraaaaay

Hi Guys..I just changed my Last Seen Timestamp to off about 20 minutes ago, i tried these steps and it still the same...it seems that it´s imperative to wait at least 24 hours... have you tried doing this just about minutes after the change??

Thanks for your help!!

Hiyaa i have the same problem, I tried doing it after 24 hrs but it still doesn't work :| any solutions?

Hiyaa i have the same problem, I tried doing it after 24 hrs but it still doesn't work :| any solutions?

Hi Sumiee, alternatively, what I've done was :

First and second follow as instruct.

Third: go to: setting>> general >> date-time >> set the date one day ahead to toggle 24 hours (For example: 1st August >> change to 2nd August)

Fourth step: go back to Whatsapp>> setting>>chat setting>> advanced>> change the bottom to ON

Last step:
setting>> general >> date-time >> set the right date for today

You should be able to view the last time stamp of your contacts. Hope it helps!

Hi is there anyway you can stop ur time last logged in and online status being seen by others? I tried the button in advanced settings but its now not showing anybodys i only want mine hidden??

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Dear ,i tried these steps but once i change the time to the right date and time again i cant change the timestamp button to on again it is still showing the same 24h mssg.any help?:'(

Dear, finaly it worked but i changed the time and deleted my account and deleted watsapp.than i fixed the time and re-installed whatsapp again and recreated an account.......finalllllyyyyy it worked!

I have tried,but its not works!
My last seen timestamp is off now. From the 1st step i have to make it on.
Today date 30/09/2012,i change it from my setting time n date to 01/10/2012,
And go back to whatsapp advanced last seen timestamp to turn it on,i couldnt make it.
Help!!!!