What's new

What! Verizon wants FT over 3G to be tiered exclusive

I wonder if Current unlimited plan holders will. E grandfathered in to use facetime as that was a selling point to me by verizon

Tekki said:
I wonder if Current unlimited plan holders will. E grandfathered in to use facetime as that was a selling point to me by verizon

FaceTime doesn't require you to be grandfathered in. Apple probably will not approve of this.

iCrank said:
FaceTime doesn't require you to be grandfathered in. Apple probably will not approve of this.

I would be willing to bet they wouldn't either. I read an article a while back that mentioned the only reason apple doesn't allow FaceTime over the 3G networks is because of the slow speeds. Therefore making FaceTime laggy and less appealing to some. I'm willing to bet they'll allow FaceTime over 4GLTE whenever they implement the new technology in a newer iPhone.

iCrank said:

I would be willing to bet they wouldn't either. I read an article a while back that mentioned the only reason apple doesn't allow FaceTime over the 3G networks is because of the slow speeds. Therefore making FaceTime laggy and less appealing to some. I'm willing to bet they'll allow FaceTime over 4GLTE whenever they implement the new technology in a newer iPhone.

I never had the lag issue over 3G.