What's new

What the iPhone lacks that makes you want to jailbreak?

SB settings and Winterboard were my favorites. The ability to download and install themes is something the iphone4 still desperately needs.

Handylite for tethering?

Here's what I would like to see
1) Notification bar on home screen (icons for missing sms, email, phone, etc)
2) Customize settings for vibration. I put it in silent mode and vibration is very weak. It vibrates once for calendar and I often miss it.
3) Calendar snooze option for reminders
4) Tether
5) Ability to sort Notes
6) File manager/browser
7) Ability to sync and do things without having itune.

...I am sure there are other things I can think of...

I wonder if Mikeee ever figured out the vibration and snooz options for remonders?

I have the same complaints about the calendar notifications. (too brief of a notification and not enough vib power)

Yes, 3G unrestrictor DOES let you use facetime over 3G. Its one of its main selling points. So do My3G and Facebreak. I don't know if any of you have noticed but Apple will not let you download anything larger than 20MB over 3G....thats all the reason I need for jailbreaking right there!!!
OOPs just noticed how old this thread is....Apple are still having the unbelievable cheek to limit 3G. I can still remember the sense of outrage I felt after paying for an UNLIMITED data plan with my provider (genuinely unlimited...no "fair use" policy (thats another outrage. How companies were allowed to call it unlimited when they meant two gig!!!!???)) to be told that "this file is too large please use Wifi"
I hadn't heard of jailbreaking at this point, but I googled about this limitation and soon realised that the only way round it was this thing called "Jailbreaking"

There are still people this day who say "Why Jailbreak?" To me its more like "Why wouldn't you jailbreak?" Do you like having a handicapped phone? If you have a laptop would you like it if you could only download files through one or two programs and only store them in four directorys? The rest of the filesystem off limits to you?

i Jailbreak to make my phone look like this:
018.PNG
Photo Mar 12%2C 6 05 45 PM.png

I also jailbreak so I can just open the phone app, type a name (T9 functionality) and tap send or swipe through the numbers to get the right one. (KuaiDial tweak does this.)

I also like to be able to pull down notification center, and quickly toggle on 3G, 2G, wifi, brightness, location, etc, just by pulling down NC.
I also like having my notification center on my lock screen. (Thanks to IntelliScreenX) (Which also lets me read whole emails, lets me delete, or mark as read rite from notification center) (Can also hide other notification center widgets above, and can view them just n=by a slight pull down in NC, to avoid clutter in notification center)(also allows my CDMA iPhone to switch freely between 3G(EV-D0) and 2G(1xrtt) which really helps to save battery life)

I also like that I can simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen to activate the switcher instead of double pressing the home button (Thanks to Activator)

I also like that I can hide any apps I want. have a cover flow effect in my dock, hide status bar icons (Springtomize 2)

i like that i can scroll through my dock icons endlessly if I choose (Infinidock.........Works great with the cover flow effect Springtomize 2 offers in the dock)

I also like that no matter what I'm doing.......nothing can interrupt me.Even a call. When i get a phone call, a banner comes down and i can just swipe left to ingore it or right to answer it.......and still be able to continue doing what I was...........even if I did answer the phone call (Thanks to CallBar)

I like that when i quickly swipe up to activate the switcher, I can just place my finger on an app icon and drag it up and out of the switcher to quit it.Which is much better then tapping and holding and waiting for it to wiggle (Thanks to MultiCleaner)(Which also allows me assign any activator action to quit the app I'm in or quit all apps at once.......I use double tap status bar to quit the app I'm in and tap and hold status bar to quit all apps at one time)

I also like that no matter where I am or what I'm doing on the phone, i can quickly compose, reply, or just read a txt message without opening the Messages app............Pretty sweet to get a txt message and simply reply to it without even unlocking my device (Thanks to biteSMS, a tweak I could not live without)

I like that I have access to the iPhones entire file system right from my phone allowing me to modify anything I want. It's how i my iPhone has a black slider on the lock screen (iFile.....'nuff said)

I like that I never ever have to manually type in my email address and passwords, as all I have to do is tap the space bar, and slide to the key I set my custom txt for, and it enters what ever i set for that key. I simply have to tap and hold on the space bar, drag my finger to the "@" key, let go, and my email is entered (Thanks to KBShortcuts)

I like that when i accidentally tap a link somewhere (like in an email for example) I get a popup asking if i want to go to Safari, instead of it opening Safari automatically (LinkSafe)

I like that no matter where i am in my phone wile listening to music, I can just swipe up to activate the switcher, and my whole screen becomes a swipe controller for music control.............And that I can easily control the volume up/down, next/previous song, play/pause with gestures on my lock screen.........never having to double tap the home button for media controls. great for when your driving, as you don't have to look, you just swipe or double tap the screen to control media (Music Controls Pro)

I like that I can remove that stupid "Store" button in the Music.app and Videos.app (NoStoreButton)

I like that i can download YouTube videos and choose whether i want it to be a video or mp3 (ProTube)

I like that I can download any song i want and import it right into my music library rite on my phone (MewSeek)

I like that All I have to do is double press my home button on my lock screen and my iPhone's LED flash comes on as a flashlight [Much better then unlocking the device, finding an app, opening it to get my flashlight to work.lol] (SpringFlash)

I like that I can simply swipe left or right while typing to move my caret/cursor one letter at a time, instead of using the magnifying glass (SwipeShiftCaret)

I like that I can easily keep track of how much data i use in one day simply by pulling down notification center (WeeTrackData)

I like that I can view Wifi networks that the native Settings.app will not show (WiFiFoFum)

I like that I can tether my device to any Wifi capable device without paying for a tethering plan (TetherMe)

I like that I don't have to open my Weather.app to see what the current temperature as the Weather status is "live" on my Weather icon, and in my status bar (WeatherIcon)

I have quite a few other very very useful tweaks installed, but I'm sick of typing.lol

But the functions I listed above are the reason I jailbreak my iPhone............And I think Apple should have those functions by default. But they will never do that, so i will always have a jailbroken device.

Last edited: