What's new

What is the best service in the USA ??

Jrome.brooks

Reaction score
Is it Verizon ??? I know there article on this bug I can't see to find it ??

I would tend to agree that Verizon has the best coverage. Even in spite of the fact that you can't talk on the phone and surf the internet at the same time like one can on other networks.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

I would tend to agree that Verizon has the best coverage. Even in spite of the fact that you can't talk on the phone and surf the internet at the same time like one can on other networks. Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

I agree Verizon. Perfect signal in 95% locations.

Sent from my 128 GB iPad 4

I'm on Verizon and have never had any problems in or around Seattle.

I like talking and surfing at the same time tho

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

The whole talking and surfing thing is a chip limitation.
From what i understand, android devices use two or one reall big cell chip to talk and surf on verizons network. They don't make a chip small or energy efficient enough yet for Apple to use in the current line up of iPhones. Maybe we can see this in the iPhone 6 though?

From what i understand, android devices use two or one reall big cell chip to talk and surf on verizons network. They don't make a chip small or energy efficient enough yet for Apple to use in the current line up of iPhones. Maybe we can see this in the iPhone 6 though?

I always thought it was a CDMA problem. The networks that allow talk and data at the same time are using GSM. Verizon uses CDMA which is the limitation. It's all smartphones, as far as I understand it.

I always thought it was a CDMA problem. The networks that allow talk and data at the same time are using GSM. Verizon uses CDMA which is the limitation. It's all smartphones, as far as I understand it.
My iPhone 6 has CDMA and GSM, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how it's done, but I think this is new for iPhones.

I have AT&T. My iphones have no problem talking and surfing at the same time. Never have. The inability to do this on a CDMA Iphone is not Apple's fault but Verizon specs. That said, most of my friends are on Verizon. A few have the need for microcells so it just depends on coverage where you use it. My coverage is very good everywhere I use it. And I have a grandfathered unlimited plan that is so old that changing plans or companies would actually cost me more and give me less so I appreciate that I can also still get a subsidized phone.