What's new

What happened to my microphone?

superfish

Reaction score
The MIC that shows up on the keyboard so that I can dictate messages.
I have an iPhone 6s with latest iOS 10.

I dictated a message on "Messenger" an sent it. The next time I tried , no MIC icon on the keyboard. I can only think that I accidentally changed something. I have checked every keyboard setting that I can find. I believe I am using the apple keyboard. Using English with all options set to green, including "allow dictation". Tried the 2 button reset.

So I'm stumped.

Bob

Do you have dictation turned on in settings. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Siri & Dictation and make sure it's turned on.

Yes it's on. Could I have the wrong keyboard? Not sure how that could have changed.

It came back but I don't know why.
In messenger clicked on the +in a blue circle, that brought up stickers and games, payment,location and Voice.
Clicked voice. this brought the recording screen with the red record button. Backed out of that and the dictate symbol is there. I don't understand it but I can repeat it.

Thanks for your help.
Bob

It came back but I don't know why.
In messenger clicked on the +in a blue circle, that brought up stickers and games, payment,location and Voice.
Clicked voice. this brought the recording screen with the red record button. Backed out of that and the dictate symbol is there. I don't understand it but I can repeat it.

Thanks for your help.
Bob
However it happened, I'm glad it's working again.