What's new

Website Data showing unknown websites

bw4810

Reaction score
Somebody please advise...my website data in the advanced area shows websites I have never been to. Is there a explanation to why some "questionable" websites could be on my website data? I am the only one that uses my iphone. My wife is wondering why fling.com appears on my website data list!

I suspect these are advertising sites within other sites you have visited. Doesn't take much surfing before you wind up with a double click.com cookie.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

KevinJS is spot on. Cookies and history can be affected by site advertisement, cross linking, javascript modules that are loaded from other sites and a whole host of other situations to numerous to list.

Thank you both for the quick responses...is there any way to confirm the sources of these? Perhaps a service that the Apple store people or Geek Squad to investigate the data on the phone further?

Nope. Unless you capture the HTML of every page you visit, you will never know.

Is there a way to find out if the HTML was captured on the phone?

HTML is never kept on the iPhone except when it is being rendered. Basically the graphic assets and certain javascript modules get cached along with a few other items.