What's new

Watch the Ultimate Torture Test for an iPhone 5S; Beaten and Shot with a 50 Cal Rifle

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

Sometimes the front page is as much about sharing something entertaining as it is about sharing informative news. Frequently on the various Android related websites, there are videos posted of various torture tests that the devices are put through. Some offer insight into the toughness of the device, but some are just fun to watch for the visceral thrill of seeing what happens to an electronic tool/toy when it is subjected to excruciating punishment.

We can't let those Android guys have all the fun! The folks at RatedRR felt this way too and decided to film their tech-toy torture process on the new gold-colored iPhone 5S. The tough little device actually takes a great deal of abuse and comes out strong. Of course, their final test involves blasting the device with a .50 caliber rifle, so there's no way this doesn't end badly for any device sent through their gauntlet. If your mind is easily disturbed by the sight of an iPhone getting destroyed, you might want to look away at the last part of the video.

Otherwise, enjoy some harmless fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the slow motion effect is used way too much, so it makes it annoying to watch the video. Interesting test though.

There goes one good phone that some person stood in line for, but couldn't get!

Yes, perhaps they should hold off on those torture tests until a couple weeks after release day.

Yes, perhaps they should hold off on those torture tests until a couple weeks after release day.

Good luck talking them into it. :/
Must be nice to have the money to destroy expensive tech with an expensive rifle!
The .50 caliber Barrett rifles typically cost $5,000+ used. Plus the ammo is really expensive.

There's no telling what the mini gun cost... I at least know the 7.62 ammo is cheaper than most rifle rounds.

Anywho!!
I'm with y'all. Leave it alone for at least a month! Some people actually want to USE the phone. Lol.

Lol poor iPhone5s, I guess it wasn't real gold on the cover. I don't think a bullet woulded had go thru gold.