What's new

Want more Siri accent choices

Reaction score
[On v12.4.3 5s) I'm trying to find out whether I can download accents for the American English language other than five default choices: American, Australian, British, Irish, and South African.

I can't find any info on this, which may mean that it is not possible. Or, I'm not searching correctly.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I don't seen an Indian 'Accent' listed when 'Language' is set to 'English (United States)', so maybe that's a v13 option (not supported on my 5s).

Your reply gave me a nudge to take another look at Siri settings, and I see now something that I had forgotten, which is that there are 9 options for English as 'Language' (vs Accent). I'll play around with them.

Here are all the voices as of iOS 13.2.
IMG_1678.png

Right, but that menu does not apply to my phone.

My OP begins with: "On v12.4.3 5s".

I cannot install or run v13 on a 5s, right?

Sorry, didn’t even realize that your 5s is only capable of 12.4.3. That said, there are no other apps or ways other then to jailbreak your phone in order to get more Siri voice accents. A jailbreak IMO is not a good option, but it’s the only way I have searched and found, to be able to get more Siri voice accents. Sorry couldn’t be of more help. Also not sure if there is even a reliable jailbreak for iOS 12.4.3. You’ll have to research this yourself.

933, yeah, it's hard to keep up with the phone_model/IOS_supported matrix in one's head.

I agree that jailbreak is not a good option for me.

Thank you so much for your research and detailed replies!!! I very much appreciate it.

Reactions: 933