What's new

Voicemail issues with Verizon iPhone 4S

That's great but Verizon should have been able to resolve it in the first place. Glad it's working and yes, visual voicemail is cool.

No kidding right? That was 5 Verizon customer service associates it took before I got one that could fix it. Verizon was blaming apple and apple was blaming Verizon. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ok so finally after talking to two different people at apple care who said it was not a software issue but a carrier issue. (Verizon) Soooo another call to Verizon cs and they finally resolved it. Apparently they didn't activate some thing with the visual voicemail on their end when the phone was activated, so now its working. That visual voicemail is pretty slick!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

i have ran into a similar issue.. I have not called verizon though i was thinking i would be able to figure it out myself.. there is no set up on my visual mail and when i call my voice mail i just get my own leave a message thing and it makes the tone for me to leave myself a message.. now i have not sunscribed to visual mail i assumed it came with apple phone verizon or not, am i correct or no? if not i still have no way to get into my regular voice mail.. it is crazy

Yeah once you buy an iPhone you're automaticly subscribed to visual voicemail. Sounds like you're having the same issue I had, unfortunately that means you'll need to call customer service to have it resolved

I use YouMail app from the app store, and StartDial from Cydia to remove the voicemail tab from the phone app. Still get the alerts as if it were your regular voice mail. Except you can use wifi instead of being forced to only use data to use visual voice mail.

I just started to have the same problem after several months of it working just fine. From reading posts at other forum sites it seems that Verizon just recently screwed something up and is sending callers who want to leave a voicemail to *86 instead of to the voicemail inbox, so to speak ... Some routing problem or how messages are distributed.

I guess if Verizon gets enough complaints then, maybe, they'll un-do whatever they did to create this mess.