What's new

Verizon iPhone 4 volume only changes when button is released

BlackDragonGT

Reaction score
As the title says, my Verizon iPhone 4 developed a problem a couple of days ago. Before, pushing a volume button would change the volume when the key was depressed, and if I continued to hold it, it would continuously change until I released the button. Now, the volume only changes when the button is released, and will not continuously change. I have to press the button for each little square I want the volume to change. It's rather annoying. I've searched google and these forums but can't find anything related to my problem. Im not certain, but the problem may have began when i was installing apps through Cydia. I've thought about uninstalling all the apps I've downloaded over the past week to see if that changes anything. Any help would be appreciated.

defect.....take her back and get another

dont forget to sync EVERYTHING,check all the boxes in itunes,or at least all the stuff you want on the next phone.
take her back,get another

then when you get home and sync from back-up....it will be exactly the same again

EASY SQUEEZY

Wouldn't it be a software issue? I think restoring it would fix the issue but I was hoping there would be an easier way to fix the problem. I'd rather not exchange it.

To reset everythig without updating go to settings > general > reset > erase all contents and settings. Make sure to back up everything first.

Since it only started happening since you've installed a few things from cydia it's most likley to do with that...