What's new

Verizon Continues to Roll Out LTE Network

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4359-verizon-iphone2.JPG

BGR writes that Verizon continues its LTE rollout in the US with an announcement this week that its high-speed 4G LTE network will be going live in 27 more markets on May 17, including the Jersey Shore, just in time for summer. Verizon’s 4G LTE network means that customers can use their iPads and other devices, and hopefully the next iPhone when it's released (LTE capability has yet to come to the iPhone) to access the Internet faster, listen to music, and watch video, as well as use apps and keep in touch with family and friends, all at speeds up to 10x faster than previously.

“The size of our 4G LTE network gives us a significant competitive advantage over competitors as it enables more residents, small businesses and local government to take advantage of the speed and connectivity benefits offered by this advanced technology,” said Verizon Wireless Regional President Mario Turco. “We are committed to continuing the aggressive rollout of our 4G LTE network in 2012.”

Source: Verizon 4G LTE roll-out -- 27 new markets, May 18th

Last edited:
When they say "use there iPhones" do they mean the up coming iPhone 5? I've heard friends on AT&T telling me they get 4g speeds with the iPhone.

hinds90 said:
When they say "use there iPhones" do they mean the up coming iPhone 5? I've heard friends on AT&T telling me they get 4g speeds with the iPhone.

They get 3G HSPA+ speeds. Which is faster than 3G but slower than LTE.

I'm currently an IPhone4S user on AT&T but in my area, Verizon has more LTE coverage. I think if the next gen IPhone has LTE, I'll switch to Verizon.

This is odd, as the current iPhone does not have LTE support.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm currently an IPhone4S user on AT&T but in my area, Verizon has more LTE coverage. I think if the next gen IPhone has LTE, I'll switch to Verizon.
No iPhone can get LTE right now. But AT&T might have full LTE coverage by iPhone5 launch. My iPad 3 4G from Verizon is smoking fast on data. I'm regularly getting 15 to 20 MBaud download speeds. That's triple what we get on our iPhones now.

Last edited:
AT&T has already publicly stated it will not reach 80% coverage till late 2013.

This is odd, as the current iPhone does not have LTE support.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ah yes, I forgot that! Changed the post to reflect this. Sorry!