What's new

Using different email addresses on 3GS Problems

TommyS

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for being a bit vague but I have no knowledge of iphones. I have various email addresses on my phone. One is a hotmail address, the other Gmail I have 2 other business account emails as well

Bear with me and I will try and explain my problem

When I sent an email from my phone from the hotmail account the person I sent it to receives it as coming from one of my business accounts.
When that person replies it comes back to my business account

When I use the Hotmail account from my computer everything is ok

I have been to the Apple shop and they have said that it is a Hotmail problem I have checked the Hotmail account on my computer and it shows that I have not linked in any other accounts

Any thoughts?

Kind regards

TommyS

hi Quisty

it it the Hotmail account

That's really odd, have you tried removing all email accounts from the iPhone but just keep hotmail

Then send an email and see what happens, if it still says its from the other email then it's got to be hotmail

Quisty

Thanks I will get my son to do that I had to get him to set up the other accounts The phone only started to do this recently and I am not aware of having adjusted anything

TommyS

TommyS said:
Quisty

Thanks I will get my son to do that I had to get him to set up the other accounts The phone only started to do this recently and I am not aware of having adjusted anything

TommyS

Delete all email accounts. After that......open the settings app and tap: General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

Wait for phone to reboot. Re-add your email accounts.

If what you are told to try does not work that is. ;)

Last edited: