What's new

Upgrade, goodbye 3GS, hello 4S!

High Roller

Reaction score
I first got an iPhone when I found one on the back of the bus, and did society a favour by taking a brand new iPhone, from a bell end, and restoring balance to the universe.

It remained in a drawer for well over 3 months, a personal dislike of Apple and their policies, not allowing own software etc, stopped me from ever taking it further.

I had a history of tinkering with devices from my PSP days, where my tutorial helped 1000's to finally understand CFW and install it on the device, avoiding mishap.

After several days of swatting up on the jargon, lingo background updates, methodology and understanding the device construction (on a hardware level) I successfully jailbroke the iPhone. And everything changed.

I was instantly cooler than anybody had judged, all th epeople i Knew, couldn't afford one yet, yet alone JB it. :) I had something to talk about once more, while working the shifts at McDonalds.
This was a 3GS, about 2 months after release, 3 years later, phone stilll works, but dropping it in the shower meant the screen died, and it becomes a box, marked "stuff to fix" while my life, now chaos.... at university... took president, 6 months later, a gap opened for opportunity to peek inside at what had been done... and what could be done. pretty OK, after water damage!, but 4 years wear and tear meant only a full restoration was advisable

So, my career in customising iPhones began, after an organisation dropped 4 grand into my account, I bought 2 faulty iPhones and fixed them up, making nice profit from the sale price difference!
Since then i've restored screens batteries, I know it inside out and broke everything at least once! :)

Next, I want upgrade....

And the 3GS resale value has dropped since Iphone5 launch....

It's fun... but it's better when earning money comes in with it :D

Heres the idea:

Custom 4S Luminous housing ()my theme is green)

My old 3GS is green, along with my laptop, room colour etc :)

[Moderator edit: Removed link to advertising. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator: