What's new

Unlocking 4.3.3 with 04.01.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Problems with the Apple

I bought a phone, which wasn't jailbroken, but unloket with gevey, the red one.
I saw on the forums, it is legal now to jailbreak. Well I did and I was blocked into continous recovery until I understud what the phone wants it.

The only solution it was to get a new , clean 4.3.5 IOS, and install it via itunes, holding down the Alt button and show for iTunes the image. Tiny Umbrella aynd any other software can't get out the Iphone4 from that state, only itunes.

At this moment I had a clean , original iOS, but it needed to be activated, with a valid SIM. The problem it is: I havn't a Sim card of that which is locked the phone ( Orange France). My sim with Gevey doesn't worked -of course. To use it as ipod, I could jailbreak with readsnow (redsn0w_mac_0.9.8b7b) and an ios 4.3.4 , not 4.3.5 !!! Redsnow needs the 4.3.4. At that moment I had a theathered jailbreak phone with Cyndia appstore enabled. Thethered it means than every time I startup the phone I need to be near a computer and press those stupid buttons in a given order and waste the time trying to do Exactly on the same moment to press and relase, grrr. But once is startup is able to aceess the original apple store too and cydia store too, also I can deploy to that phone my own app ( for that proposes )

As I understod the Phone part is a different part from the iOS. Everywhere is says once is jailbroken it is easy to unlock, well, not for me:
- from cydia store is recomendated to run the ultrasnow. It has the version 1.2.3 now, unfortunatelly or it doesn't support my phone firmware version ( usually I see baseband) which is 4.10.01 or I do some mistake.

After Unlock with Ultrasnow 1.2.3 than it is no service with my sim card (cuted for Gevey - but placed correctly) with Sim+Gevey doesn't installl the Gevey what i need ad I don't need to call the 112, and stuck on the No service ( I have 3-4 carrier with full signal here for sure)

At this moment I can't get back to original iOS and leave the jailbreaked version, because I am missing a SIM card and will be no activated, so I can't use even the ipod functionality of my iphone4.
I can't unlock my phone because my modem / firmware version it doesn't supported yet. If I go back to version 4.3.3 of OS, which has theoretically unlock, the iTunes will block me with the message: I am not authorized to restore that version.

I wish I understood those users, who loves the Apple product, why is loving the feeling to be blocked your hand and feets and pay at least twice for any thing and you have limited resources for everything , just for a white fruit logo!

I bougt phone I can't develop software for him, if Idon't pay again for another PC, with the white fruit logo. Ok I have payed, now i can use it, but I still can't develop, because that is another license... how to be free or already payed... pay more... and more and more.... any accessories s simple USB cable doesn1t evenhave the fuit but is at least 3x expensive as any other, why?.. and other zillions are loving and paying... instead of using free / creap versions without white fruit logo

Hi Guys,

its been almost 2 months since beginning of this thread and yet there is no update on unlocking Iphone 4 ios 4.3.3 baseband 04.10.01. Any Idea how further long do we have to wait? Does any one know if Iphone 4 dev team can be followed or contacted for an update? Am increasingly getting desperate to have my Iphone4 unlocked, is there any full-proof fail-safe method available?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Guys,

its been almost 2 months since beginning of this thread and yet there is no update on unlocking Iphone 4 ios 4.3.3 baseband 04.10.01. Any Idea how further long do we have to wait? Does any one know if Iphone 4 dev team can be followed or contacted for an update? Am increasingly getting desperate to have my Iphone4 unlocked, is there any full-proof fail-safe method available?

Thanks for your help in advance.

U can take it to the apple store to factory unlock it.. it'll cost u about 150$.. if you'r so desperate to have an unlocked iphone you can do that.. otherwise u'll hv to stay on gevey till they figure out an unlock for iphone 4 other than the 2nd generation basebands.

Thanks Omar. I see many mixed responses over use of Gevey SIM, can any one please confirm for sure (some one who has used Gevey on Iphone 4 ios 4.3.3 baseband 04.10.01) whether to take the plunge, as am eager to get my Iphone 4 unlocked.

Thanks Again.

Yes do that.. i've been a gevey user for over 6 month now.. i have an iphone4 4.3.2 baseband 04.10.01 and gevey works great.. though when you reboot u must do the 3 or 4 steps in order to get back you carrier signal working...

btw, once iphone5 is released they say that all iphone4 models will be unlocked in a way or so..

enjoy ur iphone mate

Status
Not open for further replies.