What's new

Uninstalling/deleting cydia apps

nufan

Reaction score
Like so many others I've been playing with my newly JB phone.
I juat cant see to figure out how to delete or unistall so apps I downloaded? If I hold down the app it starts to shake, but no "X" comes on to delete it?

thanks

If you want to manually delete them with the jiggling method, you'll need something like CyDelete to do so.

Hey fellas, I have an iPhone 5 jailbroken on 6.1 and I made the mistake of installing cydelete on 6.1 firmware. First I couldn't delete certain apps, then it would try to delete but crash. I figured out It was cydelete and removed it. Now I can delete again with no problems but when I'm downloading from the AppStore, apps I previously downloaded all have loading bars and appear to be downloading again. I have to wait until it finished then just Tap an app and it goes back to normal. Sometimes that does work so I use a settings to go into safe mode and restart and its fine. Until I get this figured out to avoid the glitching I have to go into safe mode and download from AppStore and restart when finished. Everything else works perfect, just a glitch with springboard icons when ever I download from AppStore. Any ideas??? I tried restoring set up as new phone and jailbreak again and it still does it.

Might have to uninstall some of the co-requesites from CyDelete. To name a few off the top of my head:
  • APT 0.6 Transitional
  • APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
  • APT 0.7 Strict
  • cURL
The other co-requisites are Berkeley DB and Core Utilities IIRC. Those are working on iOS 6.1 as they're cores for quite a few tweaks and apps from Cydia as well.

Thanks but it still does it, I reinstalled all the files you suggested but it still cuts up. Guess I may just have to wait until they update cydelete and hopefully when I install it it'll straighten out this Lil glitch I'm having.

Might have to uninstall some of the co-requesites from CyDelete. To name a few off the top of my head:
  • APT 0.6 Transitional
  • APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
  • APT 0.7 Strict
  • cURL
The other co-requisites are Berkeley DB and Core Utilities IIRC. Those are working on iOS 6.1 as they're cores for quite a few tweaks and apps from Cydia as well.

Thanks but it still does it, I reinstalled all the files you suggested but it still cuts up. Guess I may just have to wait until they update cydelete and hopefully when I install it it'll straighten out this Lil glitch I'm having.
He's saying uninstall the 4 above mentioned co-requesites.

Ok, I'll try it but for now I found a temp fix. I just installed download to newsstand and its working fine!!! I download multiple apps at once and they all come out of the newsstand onto the springboard without any icons glitching 👍! I'm curious to know if when I uninstall download to newsstand will it remain working properly or will deleting the tweak remove the components it installed making it possible for my springboard icons to operate properly? Think I'll just leave it for now and wait for the cydelete update.

Disregard "ddc4d" in the last paragraph it was suppose to be an emoji.

Ok fellas its confirmed, I fixed the issue I was having with the icons glitching on my springboard while downloading from AppStore after installing cydelete which isn't yet updated for iOS 6. I just installed download to newsstand and it fixed what ever files where altered by cydelete. I uninstalled download to newsstand and its still working fine. So if anyone else is having this issue download to newsstand is the answer to your problems.