What's new

Unable to update to ios7 (error 3194) (Also: power button not working)

jamyang312

Reaction score
Hi,
A brief background here, I bought my iphone in march 2013 (three months warranty left) and since october my power/sleep button started becoming unresponsive.
Few weeks later, my power/sleep button stopped working completely. Also, my iphone 5 is JBed.
I cannot take it to apple service center as of now because it is jailbreaked.

Now in order to claim warranty I need to remove the jailbreak, which can be done by updating to ios7 now.
I tried updating via itunes and downloading the latest firmware via itunes itself but due to my net connection being a bit moody at times, I was unable to download it fully. Tried downloading via itunes many times but each time the connection breaks in between.
So then, I downloaded the ipsw for iOS 7 and tried to update/restore by pressing the shift button and clicking on update/restore. After clicking on the respective ipsw, itunes gives me an error :

The iPhone could not be updated. An unknown error occured (3194).

Upon researching on the net about this error, I found out that the way to handle this error is to enter the iphone in DFU mode and then update the firmware.
Since my power button isn't working, I cannot enter in DFU mode. Since I cannot enter in DFU mode, I am unable to restore/update. Since I'm unable to do the above, I cannot claim warranty.
What do I do guys?
clear.png
I have no clue what to do now?

P.S- my current ios version is 6.1 and was jailbroken using redsnow.

Create a DFU IPSW following the instructions here. Use iTunes to restore your device using the DFU IPSW, then select a clean copy of iOS 7.0.4 for your device, and restore.