What's new

Uhh, is this a problem? (pics)

Steve_J0bs

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Totally love my 4S, but something weird is going on... behind the camera lens, but right before the first actual lens element there's this really bizarre looking piece of plastic/ metal that has begun to slowly make it's way lower and lower, and I fear it will eventually cut in front of the lens element, affecting the picture. Is this something Apple would help me out with? Phone is less than a year old, but I don't have applecare. Thanks for your help everyone! :)

$DSC_0730.jpg$DSC_0727.jpg$DSC_0725.jpg

That if I'm not mistaken is one of the layers of glass that allows magnification if I'm not mistaken. As hook said, definitely take it to an Apple rep or a Genius and have them look at it since it might be a factory defect

Just open up the back of your iPhone and slide the part up. Something must have dislodged it. Or of course take to apple. It's just a small part with adhesive connected to your camera. I have repaired iPhones where that little strip is missing and the camera works fine. You would probably of course need a pentalobe screwdriver if you bought your iPhone recently to open it up.